The All-Seeing Eye

Started by martin88nyc, February 02, 2019, 04:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephine87

I believe the advent wreath is a Lutheran invention, maybe that's the confusion?
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

Prayerful

Is it not just an old German custom?
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

John Lamb

Came across this painting.

Cena in Emmaus (Pontormo)

"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

martin88nyc

Quote from: John Lamb on February 06, 2019, 03:11:53 PM
Came across this painting.

Cena in Emmaus (Pontormo)

QuoteAt the top is the luminous circle with the triangle and the eye, an allusion to the Trinity and a reference to the divine nature of the risen Jesus. This detail, which appears within a patch, was probably repainted by Empoli (author of a copy still today at the Certosa in which the detail appears), to conceal the three-sided face banned by the Counter-Reformation
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Josephine87

Any more info on the three-sided face and why it was banned?
"Begin again." -St. Teresa of Avila

"My present trial seems to me a somewhat painful one, and I have the humiliation of knowing how badly I bore it at first. I now want to accept and to carry this little cross joyfully, to carry it silently, with a smile in my heart and on my lips, in union with the Cross of Christ. My God, blessed be Thou; accept from me each day the embarrassment, inconvenience, and pain this misery causes me. May it become a prayer and an act of reparation." -Elisabeth Leseur

St.Justin

This is a very strange picture indeed. The guy to the left of Jesus and in the back appears to be holding what appears to be a cellphone or camera. Does anyone know what the sash represents? looks masonic to me.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Josephine87 on May 16, 2019, 02:50:49 PM

I have no confident answer, but my immediate impression of why it was banned is due to a fear of a Sabellianist misunderstanding of the Trinity.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

mikemac

Quote from: Josephine87 on May 16, 2019, 02:50:49 PM

Was it in fact banned?
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

lauermar

It all started in October 1982 with Alan Parsons Project.   :rofl:

Don't think sorry's easily said
Don't try turning tables instead
You've taken lots of Chances before
But I'm not gonna give anymore
Don't ask me
That's how it goes
Cause part of me knows what you're thinkin'

Don't say words you're gonna regret
Don't let the fire rush to your head
I've heard the accusation before
And I ain't gonna take any more
Believe me
The sun in your Eyes
Made some of the lies worth believing

Chorus:
I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see any more
To know that
I can read your mind, I can read your mind
I can read your mind, I can read your mind

Don't leave false illusions behind
Don't Cry cause I ain't chnaging my mind
So find another fool like before
Cause I ain't gonna live anymore believing
Some of the lies while all of the Signs are deceiving

(chorus)

Songwriters: Alan Parsons,Eric Norman Wolfson
© Universal Music Publishing Group
For non-commercial use only.
Data from: LyricFind
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Maximilian

Quote from: lauermar on May 30, 2019, 07:27:34 PM

It all started in October 1982 with Alan Parsons Project.

And we all know how occult they are: