What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose

Oh yes! You're right. What's the book you're reading about?

I'm reading Radio Replies ATM for spiritual reading and love the Q&A style- keeps things bite-size for my little brain  :coffee:
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

LausTibiChriste

I'm reading Heliotropium by Fr. Jeremias Drexelius...an excellent book on the Will of God and conforming to it.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Rose

What was the other one you mentioned a while back, Laus? The Heresy of Forlorness I think it was called?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Arun

skimming through some Shulgin again

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Rose

To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

zork

Unfinished Tales by JRR Tolkien. Published posthumously in 1980.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Rose

Quote from: zork on November 27, 2014, 01:34:21 PM

Have you read The Book of Lost Tales and The Children of Hurin?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

zork

Quote from: Rose on November 27, 2014, 01:59:17 PM
Quote from: zork on November 27, 2014, 01:34:21 PM

Have you read The Book of Lost Tales and The Children of Hurin?

Well, I haven't read those ones yet, but I intend to read Book of Lost Tales I right after Unfinished.

I also purchased Tales Before Tolkien, a book of short stories including works Tolkien referred to and fantasy published during his younger years.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

red solo cup

Quote from: Arun on November 27, 2014, 01:54:16 AM
skimming through some Shulgin again
If your into that sort of thing you might like The Doors of Perception: Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley.
Another one I enjoyed was Flesh of the Gods: The Ritual Use of Hallucinogens. Edited by Peter Furst
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Rose on November 27, 2014, 01:48:06 AM
What was the other one you mentioned a while back, Laus? The Heresy of Forlorness I think it was called?

Formlessness,  by Martin Mosebach.

Good book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Gardener

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 30, 2014, 10:01:52 AM

Good book.

I just got this off the parish free table. Wasn't sure if good but knew was free -- is free ever bad!?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Kaesekopf

It's good.  It's an artsy case for the tlm.

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Machaut1377

The Heliand: The Saxon Gospel
A translation and commentary by G. Ronald Murphy, S.J.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on November 30, 2014, 11:16:26 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 30, 2014, 10:01:52 AM

Good book.

I just got this off the parish free table. Wasn't sure if good but knew was free -- is free ever bad!?

What the Chief said. It's an excellent book (although I read it like 6 years ago) and argues quite convincingly for the TLM without using theology really...he's a playwright so he argues, like KK mentioned ,from the artsy side. It convinced me of the superiority of the TLM beyond just the smells and bells
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Clare

Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux