What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

I'm reading St. Michael and the Angels because it's September now.

AngloFalcon

Radio Replies by Fathers Rumble and Carty. The three books are excellent and work as incredibly useful refreshers for Catechism. My less dignified reading includes The Wind in the Willows. It's becoming a bit of an annual tradition  ::).

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Going to start The Sign of Jonas soon.
My Lord and my God.

Rose

Quote from: AngloFalcon on September 05, 2014, 12:25:57 PM
My less dignified reading includes The Wind in the Willows. It's becoming a bit of an annual tradition  ::).

Ahem! Do you mean "I'm reading the substantial Dickens novel that's on my set reading list before uni starts again"? 'Cos I'm sure that's what you are doing, right?

Just wondering  ;)
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Sbyvl36

My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Mono no aware

GeorgeT

Quote from: Rose on September 02, 2014, 11:35:43 AM
Quote from: GeorgeT on August 27, 2014, 10:05:12 PM
In the Shadow of His Wings by Fr. Gereon Goldmann. A great read. The obvious work of Providence in this man's life was amazing.

That's an amazing book! If it's the same one I'm thinking of. It's about a seminarian in the SS?

Yes that's the one. I'll probably make some of the stories into comics sometime soon.
Check out my Lives of the saints comics!

http://tautkusstudio.com/pb/wp_8bec74cf/wp_8bec74cf.html

AngloFalcon

Quote from: Rose on September 05, 2014, 02:36:57 PM
My less dignified reading includes The Wind in the Willows. It's becoming a bit of an annual tradition  ::).

Ahem! Do you mean "I'm reading the substantial Dickens novel that's on my set reading list before uni starts again"? 'Cos I'm sure that's what you are doing, right?

Just wondering  ;)
Quote from: Rose on September 05, 2014, 02:36:57 PM

Just wondering  ;)
Must have been a typo.

Bernadette

I love The Wind in the Willows:) That's about how often I read it, too. Which Dickens novel? I could probably find you a free, public domain audiobook link, if you'd like.
My Lord and my God.

Basilios

Just finished Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb. The sequels are at my mothers so I have to wait to get them, so in the meantime I have started the Dark Tower series with The Gunslinger.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

AngloFalcon

Quote from: Bernadette on September 06, 2014, 11:35:08 AM
I love The Wind in the Willows:) That's about how often I read it, too.
;D
QuoteWhich Dickens novel? I could probably find you a free, public domain audiobook link, if you'd like.
Thanks so much for the offer. Sadly my Uni specified the edition I needed to purchase (paperback penguin edition) so I just received it Friday.  :(
Hard Times; to answer your question. I've never read that one before and don't actually know the story. Do you like Dickens? I quite enjoyed Great Expectations.

Bernadette

Quote from: AngloFalcon on September 07, 2014, 05:18:20 AM
QuoteWhich Dickens novel? I could probably find you a free, public domain audiobook link, if you'd like.
Thanks so much for the offer. Sadly my Uni specified the edition I needed to purchase (paperback penguin edition) so I just received it Friday.  :(
Hard Times; to answer your question. I've never read that one before and don't actually know the story. Do you like Dickens? I quite enjoyed Great Expectations.

I love Dickens. He's my favorite author.
My Lord and my God.

red solo cup

On the recommendation of a fellow Sierra Dog I've just finished Robert Bellarmine: Saint and Scholar by James Broderick SJ.
Good read. Two factoids I learned; Bellarmine believed Christ was crucified with 4 nails. And he also had a publication on the Vatican's
Index of Forbidden Books.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Spera In Deo

Just finished Open Letter to Confused Catholics.  Also reading They Have Uncrowned HIm and Removing the Blindfold by John Rao.
"What Catholics once were, we are. If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.
We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.
We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now".

Robert DePiante