What are you currently reading?

Started by Francisco Suárez, December 26, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cesar_Augustus

I have that one on the waiting list.

Basilios

First book of the Farseer series, Assasins apprentice. 
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Archer

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on August 16, 2014, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: Archer on August 16, 2014, 12:15:31 PM

How is it?

Excellent.  So far they've done an excellent job in dissecting the neo-Catholic vs. Traditionalist arguments. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Maximilian

Cesar_Augustus

piabee

Quote from: red solo cup on August 24, 2014, 05:01:14 AM
Isn't he the fellow from The Office?

Yes. He wrote a book of short stories that's actually pretty good.

Arun

The Way of A Pilgrim, reading it under instruction lol...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Maximilian

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on August 24, 2014, 02:03:30 PM
Quote from: Maximilian on August 24, 2014, 01:18:50 PM
Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on August 23, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

I have that one on the waiting list.

Written originally in Spanish.

Yes.

How did you found about it?

I don't remember. Maybe someone mentioned it here on SD.

LausTibiChriste

I just started this one, hopefully it is as good as everyone who recommends it says

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Miriam_M

Quote from: Archer on August 24, 2014, 08:30:19 AM
Quote from: Sbyvl36 on August 16, 2014, 12:28:41 PM
Quote from: Archer on August 16, 2014, 12:15:31 PM

How is it?

Excellent.  So far they've done an excellent job in dissecting the neo-Catholic vs. Traditionalist arguments.

In that regard -- with admission I have not read the book yet! -- here is a critique of it on the negative side, topic by topic:

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/The_Great_Apostasy.php

(I often like to read various reviews of a single book before I purchase it, just because I have seen in the past that titles can be deceptive.  Sometimes even a negative review motivates me more to buy or borrow the book if it looks as if the critic himself has an agenda and is just a destroyer.)

If you get around to it, do you agree or disagree with any of the arguments made in the link above?

zork

Now reading The Sapphire Rose, Book 3 of the Elenium trilogy by David Eddings (1991).
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

The One I Knew Best of All, Frances Hodgson Burnett's autobiography.
My Lord and my God.

Sbyvl36

Freemasonry and Judaism: The Secret Powers behind Revolution
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.