Jayne and I have mutually agreed to quit this forum forever.

Started by Greg, September 10, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: christulsa on September 10, 2018, 07:58:12 PM
Jayne started this, so if she wants to leave, that is fine.  But most of the time over the years I see her obsessively opposing him on a personal level, and he is reacting, not instigating the fight in the first place.  If you think rules are broken, report to the moderator.  But at some point you have to shut up and let the conflicts go, if they are not resolved.
Otherwise you go crazy.

As for Greg, he gets misunderstood by the rigorists.  I don't think he is against the Church, but is sick and tired of all the BS from the NO and Trads.  And he's right, just very cynical, and not without sin.

Jayne vs. Greg is a push.  I do think he draws her out sometimes when it's not needed.  Better to just not engage her.  Jayne gives as good as she gets.

I do agree with Chris that Greg is misunderstood.  I doubt there is anyone in Traditional Catholic Cyberspace who has the breadth of experience of Trad circles Greg does.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

christulsa

Jayne, if you want peace, then either leave or stay and learn to ignore Greg.

Greg, please do not leave. 

If others support this post, click "Say thanks," otherwise I'll take Greg's place.  Better him than Christulsa.

Vetus Ordo

The only possible comment to this amusing parody is:

Allah knows best.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Chestertonian

My mom always used to say "Work it out you two, work it out."

What needs to happen is that Kaese der Kopf needs to put you two in one of these:

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Graham

Pour one out for two of the realest n****s who ever did it.

Kaesekopf

This thread wins the award for dumbest thread award.

Which is saying something! 

:cheeseheadbeer:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

PerEvangelicaDicta

We shouldn't pretend this is happening due to an innocent disagreement.  That's far from the truth.

Many members have been struggling with a number of interlopers heaping contempt on faithful SD Catholics, entertained and fueled by Greg's over the top, often profane comments. It escalated to fever pitch. Jayne found a solution to stop the bleeding. Let's pray it works.

That said, I am heartbroken by many of his comments, not just for the sake of insult to Christ, but for his sake - he sounds pained and lost, despite his bravado.  Spiritually speaking, Jayne will be just fine, her faith rock solid. I fear Greg will not be, so I will not neglect him re: prayers. His anguish is haunting.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

diaduit

Meh, neither one will quit so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Two egos their size won't back down.

Give it a week!! :)

Jayne

Quote from: Matto on September 10, 2018, 07:41:28 PM
This is strange. Two posters I like who are enemies agree to fall on their own swords so that the forum will be freed from their enemies' presence. I guess I will not be sending Jayne a bottle of cognac. I don't think rum trusts either of you for obvious reasons if you know rum. I like you both, though I fear I offended Jayne when I sent her a PM a few weeks ago. I did join here because of Jayne; so I could send Jayne a PM about Mithrandylan's adventures last year in May. I like when Greg talks about Joey Lomangino's "spiritual eyes" which is sad because I think he used to believe in Garabandal. I never did believe in that one despite Bishop Williamson's approval. I know when Greg used to have fights with Telesphorus on Cathinfo so many years ago I was generally supportive of Tele, but now I have grown to like greg a lot as well. Time really flies and people change, and I have changed a lot. I have been talking to trads online for eight years and I am embarrassed by so many of my old posts. But it is good to talk with other Catholics so I think it was time well spent and I have learned a lot. I think if Telesphorus signed up here it would be fun. I haven't talked to him since Archbishop Lefebvre Forum shut down, I guess four years ago. Did Jayne really talk about "people who cannot keep up with me mentally"? That is classic. I am one of those people, though until ten years ago I was far more intelligent.

But hopefully, I hope both of you will continue posting as I like you both. I don't know where I could see greg as I don't know of any other website where he posts. I know Jayne still posts at Cathinfo, so if you want to talk to her, join Matthew's forum, though I fear it has gone downhill in the past few years because the good posters who were banned or left were not replaced with enough good new posters. I am fond of the moderator though and his love of good conspiracy theories. He believes in them all except for the flat earth. And he is in "the major leagues of conspiracy theories" because he denies the gas chambers, so his forum is not for everyone. So anyway as I ramble on, I will tell you a secret. Today is my birthday and I am celebrating by drinking Sapporo. The party with my family just ended and now I am relaxing before bedtime. So God bless the both of you, Jayne and Greg. Hopefully you will change your minds and I will not miss either of you. Because if you leave you will not be replaced by two new posters who are as interesting as you are.

I was not at all offended by the email you sent me.  Please don't be concerned about that.

About a month ago, I started a break from Cathinfo and am not sure if or when I will resume posting.  So do not look for me there.

Happy belated birthday, Matto.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Greg has chosen of his own free will to leave the forum because it is more important to him to stop me from posting than it is to post.  I did not force him to do this.  He could have continued posting as much as he wanted, but it would have meant him admitting that I am not as bad as he claims.  I was prepared for either outcome.  Even now, he still has the option of staying, although it would mean losing face.  It is totally up to him how much both of us post here.

Since Greg has written that he hates me and otherwise shown hostility toward me, it is understandable that some people assume that feel I personal animosity toward him in return.  It is, however, an incorrect assumption. This is not personal for me.  I object to various positions that Greg has taken.  It is not reasonable to tell me to ignore someone who is attacking the Faith and I am far from the only person who has understood his posts that way.

As far as Greg as a person is concerned, I see much to like and admire.  He is a devoted husband and father.  He loves children.  He is passionate about the defense of the unborn.  Although he tries to hide it, probably because he thinks it is soft, he has compassion for the sick and the suffering.  He is generous.  He is courageous.  He can be very witty and entertaining.  In many ways, he has been an asset to the forum.

I want Greg to end up in heaven.  I want him to spend all his days close to God.  I want him to grow in virtue.  I want the same things for Greg that I want for myself.  That's not hate; that's love.

And Chris, you are not capable of taking Greg's place.  Stick to serving snacks.

Heinrich

Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 10, 2018, 09:48:08 PM

Why don't you recruit a good moderating team and head this crap off? A good leader would.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

erin is nice

Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 06:13:46 PM
Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 05:08:41 PM
The fact of the matter is is that Jayne will use another account and simply post under another name. Heck, I am almost certain that she signs in under her husband's account or some other type of proxy and reads the St. Joseph's threads.

This is not a fact.  It is something that you imagine.  Also, my husband does not have an account here and I don't read St. Joseph threads.

Isn't your husband NOtard?
I don't imagine, but strongly assume. You have been disingenuous in the past.

I'll sniff her out if she comes back under another name. It's enough to make me spend more time on the forum again  :lol:

Heinrich

Quote from: erin is nice on September 11, 2018, 08:24:25 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 06:13:46 PM
Quote from: Jayne on September 10, 2018, 05:15:59 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 10, 2018, 05:08:41 PM
The fact of the matter is is that Jayne will use another account and simply post under another name. Heck, I am almost certain that she signs in under her husband's account or some other type of proxy and reads the St. Joseph's threads.

This is not a fact.  It is something that you imagine.  Also, my husband does not have an account here and I don't read St. Joseph threads.

Isn't your husband NOtard?
I don't imagine, but strongly assume. You have been disingenuous in the past.

I'll sniff her out if she comes back under another name. It's enough to make me spend more time on the forum again  :lol:

[sarc]Wonderful [/sarc]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on September 11, 2018, 08:20:34 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on September 10, 2018, 09:48:08 PM

Why don't you recruit a good moderating team and head this crap off? A good leader would.

At this point, we need two moderating teams: one for running the forum and another for dealing with erin.