New Book Defends Christendom and Monarchy

Started by bilbobaggins, May 29, 2024, 10:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilbobaggins

As the author, I am 100% biased, but I would love to hear what people think about the idea of my book (or the book itself) if they purchase it or read it FREE on Kindle. The book is an overall defense of the Middle Ages, focusing on its political systems (Kingship) while critiquing modernity and democracy.

Missing Monarchy: What Americans Get Wrong About Monarchy, Democracy, Feudalism, And Liberty

https://www.amazon.com/Missing-Monar...PG8PY2gd_uGsXK
Jeb Smith is the author of four books to date, the most recent being Missing Monarchy: Correcting Misconceptions About The Middle Ages, Medieval Kingship, Democracy, And Liberty. Before that, he wrote and published Middle-earth Lore: Tolkien's Legends Revealed and another book on J.R.R. Tolkien's works, and also authored Defending Dixie's Land: What Every American Should Know About The South And The Civil War, written under the name Isaac C. Bishop. Smith has authored multiple articles on various blogs and websites, including History is Now Magazine and Medieval History.

bilbobaggins

Jeb Smith is the author of four books to date, the most recent being Missing Monarchy: Correcting Misconceptions About The Middle Ages, Medieval Kingship, Democracy, And Liberty. Before that, he wrote and published Middle-earth Lore: Tolkien's Legends Revealed and another book on J.R.R. Tolkien's works, and also authored Defending Dixie's Land: What Every American Should Know About The South And The Civil War, written under the name Isaac C. Bishop. Smith has authored multiple articles on various blogs and websites, including History is Now Magazine and Medieval History.

bilbobaggins

clau clau

I only found out quite recently that the Anglo-saxons treated monarchy different to the Normans.

The Anglo-saxons had something called the Witan.

The Witan retained the traditional right to elect monarchs from within the royal house, not always choosing the eldest son.

The Normans did not have this.

It was discussed in the following video:

(see: 13:00)

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)