Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

184. Comforting words

The Lord tells us:
"So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it." Isaiah, chapter 55, verse 11

We know that our words are important. When it's said, it can bring sadness or comfort, it can deeply hurt and cause pain or propose love. It's to consider.
What words do we use with others? Are they the same we would use in front of children? Are they more to hurt, to control or to love and set free? Let's have a positive message that will always allow those who listen to take a step in the faith and approach Jesus.

Nothing is trivial when we talk to someone. But we sometimes manage to create pain with slightly less charitable phrases. The pain we cause to others also causes us pain. Lack of sleep can be a factor of importance. The disease can make us more irritable and say phrases we wouldn't want to say.

If it takes more reserve before the words we use and for forgiveness towards ourselves, the person who listens to us must also become aware of our weaknesses and do his utmost to forgive us.

Each person must give chances to the person speaking to him and sometimes go over what seems less charitable. It's an opportunity to pray for the difficulty that we hear in the words, so that the Holy Spirit illuminates it and transforms the words that he uses.

The new American Bible, 2011-2014
Book: Up! Let's go!, Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

185. By our presence

God wants us to live. He wants us to stay in his Love, so that we can feed and guide ourselves continually. Here's another way to share the faith we receive from God:
"If you bestow your bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; Then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become for you like midday." Isaiah, chapter 58, verse 10

If we give above all simply from our presence, heartily, to those who are hungry and thirsty for an encounter with the Lord, we will be happy and we'll see the joyful people around us.

By our presence, if we fill the desires of joy of the unfortunate, we'll see an even greater light and darkness will hurry out of sight. Our light will be like that of noon in a bright summer sun.

The new American Bible, 2011-2014
Book: Up! Let's go!, Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.