Dating a non-Catholic

Started by UA1997, May 22, 2013, 10:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stmykearchangel

Quote from: LaramieHirsch on May 25, 2013, 11:05:51 PM
Don't do it.  Marriage partners absolutely must have a mutual philosophy when it comes to religion if the marriage is going to work.  Trust me. 

Drop her and find someone else.  If she truly loves what you are, perhaps she will explore what makes you "you," and discover it's the Holy Spirit...and she converts anyway. 

But don't count on that last one.  Be an alpha and drop her, continuing your search elsewhere.

Nice to see you here Laramie!
The character of Kings is sacred; their persons are inviolable; they are the anointed of the Lord, if not with sacred oil, at least by virtue of their office. Their power is broad---based upon the Will of God, and not on the shifting sands of the people's will...They will be spoken of with becoming reverence, instead of being in public estimation fitting butts for all foul tongues. It becomes a sacrilege to violate their persons, and every indignity offered to them in word or act, becomes an indignity offered to God Himself. It is this view of Kingly rule that alone can keep alive in a scoffing and licentious age the spirit of ancient loyalty, that spirit begotten of faith, combining in itself obedience, reverence, and love for the majesty of kings which was at once a bond of social union, an incentive to noble daring, and a salt to purify the heart from its grosser tendencies, preserving it from all that is mean, selfish, and contemptible. (P.J. Joyce, John Healy, pp. 68-69).

Bonaventure

Over ten years have passed since this OP.

Sadly, I would like to provide an update to serve as a warning and a deterrent to any Catholics who find themselves in a similar situation.

Don't do it. Don't put yourself in a situation where your soul and the souls of your future children are at stake.

OP and the girl in question did end up meeting, and being in a long term relationship for many years.

Neither of them relented, and eventually, they fell to their lusts, civilly "married," and now have a child (after years of contraception).

Both have ceased practicing their religion. The two have a child and have not discussed even baptizing the infant.

I suppose it is easier to throw hard decisions and topics in a drawer and slam them shut.

This was the example of a young man who was told, prior to even physically meeting the non-Catholic, that this is a bad decision, don't do it, avoid, run away.

Literally we said flee the occasions of sin.

10 years later his soul, and that of his child, are in jeopardy.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."