Pope Francis: "We Have To Create Civil Unions For Homosexuals"

Started by Sin of Adam, October 21, 2020, 08:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin of Adam

Francis, "We Have To Create Civil Unions For Homosexuals"

"What we have to create is a civil union law," Francis says in a documentary entitled "Francesco" which premiered in Rome on October 21, CatholicNewsAgency.com writes.

"I stood up for that," he added claiming that practicing homosexuals are "children of God" and have a "right" to a "family."

Francis' statements oppose Catholic teaching and common sense.

In March 2003, Cardinal Ratzinger published Considerations Regarding Proposals to Give Legal Recognition to Unions Between Homosexual Persons. The document does "not contain new doctrinal elements" but provide "arguments drawn from reason".

It stresses that there are "absolutely no grounds" for considering homosexual unions to be in any way analogous to God's plan for marriage and family, "Marriage is holy, while homosexual acts go against the natural moral law."

Where homosexuals have been given rights belonging to marriage, "clear and emphatic opposition is a duty," the document concludes.

Link: https://www.gloria.tv/post/qsKE6tHiRjUB46k99Nfti6bZV
___________________________________________________________________________________
Lumen ad revelationem gentium: et gloriam plebes tuae Israel.

Heinrich

Did out the prediction thread. Someone called this. Was it Graham?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Maximilian

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8864193/Pope-Francis-endorses-sex-civil-unions-saying-Homosexuals-children-God.html

Pope Francis endorses same-sex civil unions, saying: 'Homosexuals are children of God and have the right to be in a family'

- Papal approval came midway through feature-length documentary 'Francesco'
- The film premiered at the Rome Film Festival, Italy, earlier today
- It is first time Francis has endorsed same-sex civil unions since taking papal role

Pope Francis has endorsed same-sex civil unions for the first time since taking the papal role.

The approval came midway through a feature-length documentary, titled Francesco, which had its premiere at the Rome Film Festival earlier today.

The film delves into issues Francis cares about most, including the environment, poverty, migration, racial and income inequality, and the people most affected by discrimination.

'Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God. Nobody should be thrown out or be made miserable over it,' Francis said in one of his sit-down interviews for the film.

'What we have to have is a civil union law; that way they are legally covered.'

The Pope's remarks will come as a shock to millions of Roman Catholics who have long followed the doctrine that gay relationships are sinful and accepted the Church's stand against the worldwide advance of gay rights.

Francis's predecessors, including Benedict XVI and John Paul II, condemned same-sex marriage during their papal tenure.

Francis himself had opposed legislation to approve same-sex marriages in Argentina when he was Archbishop of Buenos Aires a decade ago - but had supported some kind of legal protection for the rights of gay couples at the time.

But shortly after becoming Pope, he said of gay people that 'we must be brothers'.

He added: 'If a person is gay and seeks God and has goodwill, who am I to judge him?'

Papal biographer Austen Ivereigh told Reuters that the pope's comments in the film were some of the clearest language the pontiff has used on the subject since his election in 2013.

The pope, who early in his papacy made the now-famous 'Who am I to judge?' remark about homosexuals trying to live a Christian life, spoke in a section of the film about Andrea Rubera, a gay man who with his partner adopted three children.

Rubera says in the film that he went to a morning Mass the pope said in his Vatican residence and gave him a letter explaining his situation.

He told the pope that he and his partner wanted to bring the children up as Catholics in the local parish but did not want to cause any trauma for the children. It was not clear in which country Rubera lives.

Rubera said the pope telephoned him several days later, telling him he thought the letter was 'beautiful' and urging the couple to introduce their children to the parish but to be ready for opposition.

'His message and his advice was really useful because we did exactly what he told us. It's the third year that they (the children) are on a spiritual path in the parish,' Rubera says in the film.

'He didn't mention what was his opinion about my family so (I think) he is following the doctrine on this point but the attitude towards people has massively changed,' he said.

Oscar-nominated director Evgeny Afineevsky was given remarkable access to cardinals, the Vatican television archives and the pope himself to create the piece.

He said he negotiated his way in through persistence, and deliveries of Argentine mate tea and Alfajores cookies that he got to the pope via some well-connected Argentines in Rome.

QuaeriteDominum

He certainly does not have a Catholic mind - his faith is humanism.  How can a Pope promote a situation that puts the soul in constant proximity to the occasion of mortal sin?

Justin Martyr

The least departure from Tradition leads to a scorning of every dogma of the Faith.
St. Photios the Great, Encyclical to the Eastern Patriarchs

CANON I: As for all persons who dare to violate the definition of the holy and great Synod convened in Nicaea in the presence of Eusebeia, the consort of the most God-beloved Emperor Constantine, concerning the holy festival of the soterial Pascha, we decree that they be excluded from Communion and be outcasts from the Church if they persist more captiously in objecting to the decisions that have been made as most fitting in regard thereto; and let these things be said with reference to laymen. But if any of the person occupying prominent positions in the Church, such as a Bishop, or a Presbyter, or a Deacon, after the adoption of this definition, should dare to insist upon having his own way, to the perversion of the laity, and to the disturbance of the church, and upon celebrating Pascha along with the Jews, the holy Synod has hence judged that person to be an alien to the Church, on the ground that he has not only become guilty of sin by himself, but has also been the cause of corruption and perversion among the multitude. Accordingly, it not only deposes such persons from the liturgy, but also those who dare to commune with them after their deposition. Moreover, those who have been deposed are to be deprived of the external honor too of which the holy Canon and God's priesthood have partaken.
The Council of Antioch 341, recieved by the Council of Chalcedon

Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Prayerful

It seems like pure unblushing self interest, which maybe contrasts with his blushes when he is photographed meeting known Vatican homosexuals.

There is such a problem here. This might not be denoted as magisterial, like most of his ramblings, but outside of those who follow the matter closely, it creates expectations of ever more accommodations with doctrine remaining unchanged, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Francis the Foul is meeting expectations.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

queen.saints

I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Justin Martyr on October 21, 2020, 10:55:21 AM
Atleast it's not magisterial...bleugh.
O.K. Its not magisterial, but if any person who claims to be Catholic would state the same thing, would anyone with any Catholic sense left or any sense of right or wrong left, doubt that this man has lost that same Catholic and moral sense?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Sin of Adam

Simply and without doubt there can be no mincing of words here, the man is beyond heresy at this point. He is an anti-Christ who mocks and derides Catholicism. A master Freemason who has combined the heresies of his post conciliar brethren into a potent concoction that instantly destroys the faith and soul of any who drinks from it. Martin Luther & John Calvin, both notorious heretics who destroyed half the faith of Europe, pale in comparison to this man and his predecessors who have destroyed the faith and souls of hundreds of millions of people.

IF in very deed ye speak justice: judge right things, ye sons of men.

For in your heart you work iniquity: your hands forge injustice in the earth.

The wicked are alienated from the womb; they have gone astray from the womb: they have spoken false things.

Their madness is according to the likeness of a serpent: like the deaf asp that stoppeth her ears:

Which will not hear the voice of the charmers; nor of the wizard that charmeth wisely.

God shall break in pieces their teeth in their mouth: the Lord shall break the grinders of the lions.

They shall come to nothing, like water running down; he hath bent his bow till they be weakened.

Like wax that melteth they shall be taken away: fire hath fallen on them, and they shall not see the sun.

Before your thorns could know the brier; he swalloweth them up, as alive, in his wrath.

The just shall rejoice when he shall see the revenge: he shall wash his hands in the blood of the sinner.

And man shall say: If indeed there be fruit to the just: there is indeed a God that judgeth them on the earth.
Lumen ad revelationem gentium: et gloriam plebes tuae Israel.

King Wenceslas

QuoteSession 4: 18 July 1870

6. For the Holy Spirit was promised to the successors of Peter not so that they might, by his revelation, make known some new doctrine, but that, by his assistance, they might religiously guard and faithfully expound the revelation or deposit of faith transmitted by the apostles.

Indeed, their apostolic teaching was embraced by all the venerable fathers and reverenced and followed by all the holy orthodox doctors, for they knew very well that this See of St. Peter always remains unblemished by any error, in accordance with the divine promise of our Lord and Savior to the prince of his disciples: I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail; and when you have turned again, strengthen your brethren [60].

7. This gift of truth and never-failing faith was therefore divinely conferred on Peter and his successors in this See so that they might discharge their exalted office for the salvation of all, and so that the whole flock of Christ might be kept away by them from the poisonous food of error and be nourished with the sustenance of heavenly doctrine. Thus the tendency to schism is removed and the whole Church is preserved in unity, and, resting on its foundation, can stand firm against the gates of hell.

See of St. Peter always remains unblemished by any error. How this is fulfilled over the last 7 years under Francis, I have no clue.

Whole flock of Christ might be kept away by them from the poisonous food of error. How has this been done under Francis?

I see a so-called Catholic Church saturated with error from the top to the bottom. A so-called Catholic church that has eclipsed the Catholic church that existed in October 1958. Somewhere between 1958 to 2020 a church that no longer elected an actual Catholic pope.

TheReturnofLive

This is like a drop of water in the bucket compared to everything else he's done, including comparing traditional vestments to women's dresses, blessing a fertility goddess, saying God wills multiple religions, and allegedly denying Christ's divinity.

Is believing in a policy allowing for civil unions - not marriage, mind you, civil unions - really shocking at this point? I'm numb to this Pope at this point.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Greg

My new theological position, is recognise, resist and throw homosexual clerics off rooftops.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

awkwardcustomer

Why not stop all this nonsense now and face facts.

Bergoglio isn't Catholic and he isn't the Pope either.

If you want some peace of mind, accept the blatantly obvious situation we are in, which St Paul himself prophesied.  People here like prophesies, but not this one so much.

'The one who holds has been taken out of the way.'  Deal with it.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Greg

He hasn't been taken out of the way.

Bergoglio is right there, just like John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI

Who were just as bad in their own way and for their time.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.