MGTOW (and WGTOW?) vs. Single Vocation

Started by Severinus, October 23, 2023, 08:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Not a mindset I'd embrace. Not pro femenism, but certainly not a misogynist.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Severinus

I haven't seen a lot of good pushback on the idea that not wanting to bother with the opposite sex is a legitimate motive here.

I can see the argument that if you're fortunate enough to find a seriously good woman who is supportive, devoted to you, and who perhaps has some family connections, marrying her would considerably improve your life. But she will still:

- talk way too much about nothing
- be emotionally needy and fragile
- require huge financial maintenance
- have in-laws and friends (congrats on insta-doubling the # of people trying to control you. Hopefully one or two of them are cool)

I'm sure many women have similar thoughts about men. We're prone to anger, don't clean up after ourselves, etc. And no, I don't hate women. I very much enjoy the social company of traditional women. But every honest man knows what I'm saying here. Once the sexual charms wear off, if she's not a good and devoted wife, it starts to look grim quick.

The only thing that's really compelling is having children.

Severinus

Quote from: GMC on October 25, 2023, 01:48:39 PM
Quote from: james03 on October 25, 2023, 08:32:09 AM^^^
Mostly correct for the current iteration, however it would be opposed to "misogyny" as that would be caring.  It is far worse.  If you want the savor of the current version it is men getting up and leaving the subway in the UK when an English woman was being attacked by a a head hunting moslem savage.  The men didn't hate the woman, they no longer cared.  And this made the press go nuts.  I'm sure you read about it.

Originally MGTOW was a reaction against jewish bolshevism by MARRIED men who were anarcho-capitalist.  It was indeed opposed to the feminism of Gloria Steinem, Bella Abzug, Betty Friedan, Rachel Adler, and Lilith Magazine, as this was a main vector of Cultural Marxism.

Here is the original manifesto.  Note it says nothing about avoiding women or avoiding marriage.  Note the date.

https://no-maam.blogspot.com/2001/02/mgtow-manifesto.html

That blog links to another blog when you can read this article about modern MGTOW:

https://fedrz.wordpress.com/2013/08/16/man-going-his-own-way-mghow/

It seems that they surrendered and ended up against marriage and agains having children and only interacting voluntarily with women for sex.

You have to admit this is a great quote:

QuoteWhen I have one foot in the grave, I will tell the whole truth about women. I shall tell it, jump into my coffin, pull the lid over me and say, 'Do what you like now'. — Leo Tolstoy

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

The quote that caught my eye was this one, and it tells you everything you need to know about this so-called movement:

QuoteHarm none, do what thou wilt, shall be the whole of the law.
this page left intentionally blank

Severinus

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 25, 2023, 03:50:13 PMThe quote that caught my eye was this one, and it tells you everything you need to know about this so-called movement:

Well that's satanic, it should go without saying.

dellery

Quote from: Severinus on October 25, 2023, 03:26:46 PMI haven't seen a lot of good pushback on the idea that not wanting to bother with the opposite sex is a legitimate motive here.

I can see the argument that if you're fortunate enough to find a seriously good woman who is supportive, devoted to you, and who perhaps has some family connections, marrying her would considerably improve your life. But she will still:

- have in-laws and friends (congrats on insta-doubling the # of people trying to control you. Hopefully one or two of them are cool)

I'm sure many women have similar thoughts about men. We're prone to anger, don't clean up after ourselves, etc. And no, I don't hate women. I very much enjoy the social company of traditional women. But every honest man knows what I'm saying here. Once the sexual charms wear off, if she's not a good and devoted wife, it starts to look grim quick.

This is ridiculous.

Women don't talk about "nothing", they value the person-to-person interaction more than subject matter.

Women are emotionally volatile, not fragile or needy.

Yeah, women require financial maintenance, and they're well worth the cost.

If you're easily controlled by others that's your own problem to solve.

A woman will only be supportive of you if you deserve and require it. She's not going to be too thrilled about supporting you just break even and waste time on 4chan and video games, especially since there's nothing of substance here to support.

It honestly looks like you'd prefer a husband rather than a wife.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Acolyte

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 25, 2023, 03:50:13 PMThe quote that caught my eye was this one, and it tells you everything you need to know about this so-called movement:

That is the Wiccan Reed
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Severinus

I feel honored Dellery that you took a break from awkwardly macking on female forum members to share what you've been reading on PUA blogs. I'm serious. Thank you.

dellery

Quote from: Severinus on October 25, 2023, 08:16:17 PMI feel honored Dellery that you took a break from awkwardly macking on female forum members to share what you've been reading on PUA blogs. I'm serious. Thank you.
Oh, so you gaslight?

Your celibacy can't be considered a sacrifice for God, as you were trying to imply earlier, because when no woman is attracted to you you're not really giving anything up.

It would be more of a sacrifice for you to grow up, attempt to act like a man, and possibly attract a lady, than it is to stay single.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Greg

[yt]Doz5w2W-jAY[/yt]

Why cant a woman be more like a man?
From My Fair Lady.

https://youtu.be/Doz5w2W-jAY?si=b_bbEVq7wpH6b9fE
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: Severinus on October 25, 2023, 03:26:46 PMI haven't seen a lot of good pushback on the idea that not wanting to bother with the opposite sex is a legitimate motive here.

My main motive was having someone around to pick up my socks.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Severinus

Quote from: Greg on October 26, 2023, 12:04:49 AM[yt]Doz5w2W-jAY[/yt]

Why cant a woman be more like a man?
From My Fair Lady.

https://youtu.be/Doz5w2W-jAY?si=b_bbEVq7wpH6b9fE

:lol:

Never seen that before, thanks.

Severinus

Quote from: Greg
Quote from: Severinus on October 25, 2023, 03:26:46 PMI'm sure many women have similar thoughts about men. We're prone to anger, don't clean up after ourselves, etc.

My main motive was having someone around to pick up my socks.

So you're the one giving us all a bad name.

Geremia

Quote from: Mushroom on October 23, 2023, 09:31:17 AMI don't think WGTOW is a real thing.
It's called (I-need-no-man) feminism.

james03

"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"