October 7th: Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.

Started by Xavier, October 07, 2018, 03:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xavier

Got this on whatsapp. Happy Feast!

"OCTOBER 0?7?

_Feast_   🌟🌟🌟
🔷?????🔷
?? *Our Lady* ??
??? *of*  ???
??? *the*???
??   *Rosary*  ? ?
🔷?????🔷

? ? ?
_(Commemorating the Catholic Victory at Lepanto_ -1571 AD)

Pope Saint Pius V in 1571 AD, instituted an annual feast in honour of *_Our Lady of Victory_*, as thanksgiving to the Blessed Virgin Mary for the victory of the Catholic Navy at Lepanto, and for saving Christian civilization of Europe from Islamic invasion, a victory, which he attributed to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Two years later, Pope Gregory XIII changed this title to *_Our Lady of the Rosary_*. Pope Clement XII extended this feast to the universal Church in 1740.

Almost from the very beginning of Islam, there were wars upon wars between Christians and Muslims. The Crusades, seven major and several minor, lasted for centuries.

By the year 1571, during the Pontificate of Pope St. Pius V, the Muslims were firmly installed over the Mediterranean Sea. Their ships ruled the Mediterranean Sea from the Strait of Bosporus to the Strait of Gibraltar and constantly preyed on Christian vessels.

This was one of the most terrible times in the history of the Catholic Church when one third of Europe was Protestant & was attacking the Church from the west, and a strong Muslim Navy was cruising the Mediterranean Sea from the east, to conquer Rome & convert the basilica of St. Peter into a mosque.

Pope St. Pius V ordered all Catholics to pray the holy Rosary & beg the intervention of the Blessed Virgin Mary for victory over the powerful enemy.

*On 7th October 1571, a small Catholic fleet under the command of Don John of Austria challenged & crushed the Muslim Navy in the gulf of Lepanto. The clash that took place between the Catholic & Muslim navies was the largest naval battle ever fought since the Battle of Actium in 30 B.C.*

The blow was so powerful that never again in the future did a Muslim Navy dared to cruise over the Mediterranean sea towards Rome.

Pope St. Pius V who was walking in the procession in Rome praying the Rosary, saw this victory in a vision, and cried out _"run in the Church of God & give thanks to Him, for we have gain victory_ !"

The Senate of Venice declared :  _"It was only by the intervention of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Catholic fleet was victorious"_. The Muslim naval flag which was captured at Lepanto was handed to the basilica of St. Mary Major in Rome.

?
Pope Leo XIII declared October as the month of the Holy Rosary.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

_The practice of praying the rosary to beg a grace from God supposes the theological truth that Our Lady is the Universal Mediatrix of all graces. It is, therefore, a small masterpiece of spirituality and Catholic doctrine as they should be understood. The rosary is not a religious custom relying on emotions, but rather a serious, solid, and meditative pious practice, which explains why the rosary has obtained so many graces._

*"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."*
📚 ?🏻 † _Pope Blessed Pius IX_

See also https://www.aquinasandmore.com/blog/our-ladys-victory-at-the-battle-of-lepanto/

And some Rosary Indulgences: "Father Dorland says that in 1481 Our Lady appeared to Venerable Dominic, the Carthusian, who lived at Treves, and said to him: "Whenever one of the faithful who is in a state of grace says the Rosary while meditating on the mysteries of the life and passion of Jesus Christ, he obtains full and entire remission of all his sins."

Our Lady also said to Blessed Alan: "I want you to know that, although there are numerous indulgences already attached to the recitation of my Rosary, I shall add many more to every fifty Hail Marys (each group of five decades) for those who say them devoutly, on their knees----being, of course, free from mortal sin. And whosoever shall persevere in the devotion of the Holy Rosary, saying these prayers and meditations, shall be rewarded for it; I shall obtain for him full remission of the penalty and of the guilt of all his sins at the end of his life." http://www.catholictradition.org/Classics/secret-rosary28.htm
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Xavier on October 07, 2018, 03:14:32 AM
Got this on whatsapp. Happy Feast!

"OCTOBER 0?7?

_Feast_   🌟🌟🌟
🔷?????🔷
?? *Our Lady* ??
??? *of*  ???
??? *the*???
??   *Rosary*  ? ?
🔷?????🔷

? ? ?
_(Commemorating the Catholic Victory at Lepanto_ -1571 AD)

Pope Saint Pius V in 1571 AD, instituted an annual feast in honour of *_Our Lady of Victory_*, as thanksgiving to the Blessed Virgin Mary for the victory of the Catholic Navy at Lepanto, and for saving Christian civilization of Europe from Islamic invasion, a victory, which he attributed to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Two years later, Pope Gregory XIII changed this title to *_Our Lady of the Rosary_*. Pope Clement XII extended this feast to the universal Church in 1740.

Almost from the very beginning of Islam, there were wars upon wars between Christians and Muslims. The Crusades, seven major and several minor, lasted for centuries.

By the year 1571, during the Pontificate of Pope St. Pius V, the Muslims were firmly installed over the Mediterranean Sea. Their ships ruled the Mediterranean Sea from the Strait of Bosporus to the Strait of Gibraltar and constantly preyed on Christian vessels.

This was one of the most terrible times in the history of the Catholic Church when one third of Europe was Protestant & was attacking the Church from the west, and a strong Muslim Navy was cruising the Mediterranean Sea from the east, to conquer Rome & convert the basilica of St. Peter into a mosque.

Pope St. Pius V ordered all Catholics to pray the holy Rosary & beg the intervention of the Blessed Virgin Mary for victory over the powerful enemy.

*On 7th October 1571, a small Catholic fleet under the command of Don John of Austria challenged & crushed the Muslim Navy in the gulf of Lepanto. The clash that took place between the Catholic & Muslim navies was the largest naval battle ever fought since the Battle of Actium in 30 B.C.*

The blow was so powerful that never again in the future did a Muslim Navy dared to cruise over the Mediterranean sea towards Rome.

Pope St. Pius V who was walking in the procession in Rome praying the Rosary, saw this victory in a vision, and cried out _"run in the Church of God & give thanks to Him, for we have gain victory_ !"

The Senate of Venice declared :  _"It was only by the intervention of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Catholic fleet was victorious"_. The Muslim naval flag which was captured at Lepanto was handed to the basilica of St. Mary Major in Rome.

?
Pope Leo XIII declared October as the month of the Holy Rosary.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

_The practice of praying the rosary to beg a grace from God supposes the theological truth that Our Lady is the Universal Mediatrix of all graces. It is, therefore, a small masterpiece of spirituality and Catholic doctrine as they should be understood. The rosary is not a religious custom relying on emotions, but rather a serious, solid, and meditative pious practice, which explains why the rosary has obtained so many graces._

*"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."*
📚 ?🏻 † _Pope Blessed Pius IX_

See also https://www.aquinasandmore.com/blog/our-ladys-victory-at-the-battle-of-lepanto/

And some Rosary Indulgences: "Father Dorland says that in 1481 Our Lady appeared to Venerable Dominic, the Carthusian, who lived at Treves, and said to him: "Whenever one of the faithful who is in a state of grace says the Rosary while meditating on the mysteries of the life and passion of Jesus Christ, he obtains full and entire remission of all his sins."

Our Lady also said to Blessed Alan: "I want you to know that, although there are numerous indulgences already attached to the recitation of my Rosary, I shall add many more to every fifty Hail Marys (each group of five decades) for those who say them devoutly, on their knees----being, of course, free from mortal sin. And whosoever shall persevere in the devotion of the Holy Rosary, saying these prayers and meditations, shall be rewarded for it; I shall obtain for him full remission of the penalty and of the guilt of all his sins at the end of his life." http://www.catholictradition.org/Classics/secret-rosary28.htm

I love this! Thank you, Xavier! :thumbsup:

I LOVE this Feast day & I LOVE OUR LADY!!! :pray3:

God bless you!

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary Mother of God,

pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death

Amen.   :pray3:     

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Christe Eleison

Christe Eleison