Kitchen Nightmares

Started by Anastasia, May 28, 2013, 01:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Is this anyone else's guilty secret? I started watching after a friend describes an episode which made the news, apparently the owners of one place went insane in a spectacular way. Anyway, it's kind of fun. I thought the language would put me off, but they bleep anything bad out. And Ramsey seems to save the really angry tirades for the cooks who serve rotted food, and have rats and roaches and things in the kitchen. So I agree with him there, if you do that to customers, you deserve a little yelling.
People talk vaguely about the innocence of a little child, but they take mighty good care not to let it out of their sight for twenty minutes.-Saki.
"Meanwhile, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing glove. "
— P.G. Wodehouse

Penelope

I've heard that the Gordon Ramsey on TV is not the Gordon Ramsey of real life--the anger and swearing and general unpleasantness is all an act for his various shows. I can't confirm or deny, but if it's true, I think it's interesting that a man could put on that act so well. I wouldn't want to cross his angry path, you know?

Kaesekopf

I read on Reddit that he's actually a really nice guy and he wants to help out these struggling businesses. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

OCLittleFlower

There's a lot more acting in reality TV than we often think.

Also, some of the things shown on that show would make it pretty easy to act mad.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

voxxpopulisuxx

I was an early fan because I thought he was sincere and gave great business advice. But I also got a little put off restaurants all together. Also I was always puzzled by the owners who ostensibly invited him there to help them but through the whole show they bitch about him and how wrong he has to be...it seems very disingenuous.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

RealPresents

How about Mrs. Ramsey going into a woman's home and straightening-out her domain?  That would be TV worth watching...

Sent from Tapatalk 2

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: RealPresents on May 28, 2013, 03:45:05 PM
How about Mrs. Ramsey going into a woman's home and straightening-out her domain?  That would be TV worth watching...

Sent from Tapatalk 2
well I think they got a divorce which actually made me like him less

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

RealPresents

Divorce? On what possible grounds? He seems like such a nice guy...

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Anastasia

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 28, 2013, 03:47:56 PM

Sent from Tapatalk 2
Really? Ugh, I really hate it when they screw up their own lives like that. I was just laughing at the last episode I watch when he told one of the cooks who was shacking up that he needed to get married and make an honest woman out of her.
Yeah, I'm sure both sides play up to the camera somewhat to create more drama, but I also wouldn't set any limits to how delusional the staff can be. One of those shows had a wanna be gansta cook totally convinced his lamb and chocolate mint sauce was the best tasting thing ever. Even thinking about that would make my stomach turn. Ew.
People talk vaguely about the innocence of a little child, but they take mighty good care not to let it out of their sight for twenty minutes.-Saki.
"Meanwhile, Fate was quietly slipping lead into the boxing glove. "
— P.G. Wodehouse

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: RealPresents on May 28, 2013, 03:53:20 PM
Divorce? On what possible grounds? He seems like such a nice guy...

Sent from Tapatalk 2
he had a 7 year long affair...but looking it up on google Im not sure they got divorced...but still that sucks for anyt married man to do that...so I dont respect him as much...he seems to care more about rosoto than his wife and kids

911!

Monsieur Dupin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 28, 2013, 03:59:48 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 28, 2013, 03:47:56 PM

Sent from Tapatalk 2
Really? Ugh, I really hate it when they screw up their own lives like that. I was just laughing at the last episode I watch when he told one of the cooks who was shacking up that he needed to get married and make an honest woman out of her.
Yeah, I'm sure both sides play up to the camera somewhat to create more drama, but I also wouldn't set any limits to how delusional the staff can be. One of those shows had a wanna be gansta cook totally convinced his lamb and chocolate mint sauce was the best tasting thing ever. Even thinking about that would make my stomach turn. Ew.

I like that show a lot, and I was just thinking about the lamb with Hershey's syrup on it.

I like to go through my kitchen shouting, "It's RAW!" at the top of my lungs.
Nos péchés sont têtus, nos repentirs sont lâches;
Nous nous faisons payer grassement nos aveux,
Et nous rentrons gaiement dans le chemin bourbeux,
Croyant par de vils pleurs laver toutes nos taches.

Bonaventure

It's a good show that I enjoy from time to time. That's saying much, since I rarely watch any non-sporting events on TV.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Spooky

Gordon and Tana Ramsay are NOT divorced and a woman who bills herself as a "professional mistress" claimed she had an affair with Gordon, which he emphatically DENIES.

Really, vox. Take your own advice and google that shit before spreading vicious lies and rumors about people. geesh.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Spooky on May 31, 2013, 03:51:32 PM
Gordon and Tana Ramsay are NOT divorced and a woman who bills herself as a "professional mistress" claimed she had an affair with Gordon, which he emphatically DENIES.

Really, vox. Take your own advice and google that shit before spreading vicious lies and rumors about people. geesh.
calm down perky t*ts it was done in ignorance not will fully...seriously you need to stop making celebritys into idols.

911!

CoolCat

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on May 31, 2013, 04:38:19 PM
Quote from: Spooky on May 31, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

calm down perky t*ts it was done in ignorance not will fully...seriously you need to stop making celebritys into idols.
You sure you're not Mel posing as Vox?