Previous topic - Next topic

MaximGun

You clearly have not spent many holidays in Ossetia

andy

Quote from: MaximGun on September 16, 2021, 01:38:57 PM
You clearly have not spent many holidays in Ossetia

3 YT videos prove nothing.

MaximGun

Took me seconds to find them, so there are many more.  People in the Caucasus love to dance.

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 16, 2021, 04:22:25 PM
Straight out of hell:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgCPIAHME8s[/yt]

I love the painting below the video, really pretty! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing this with us, VETUS!

God Bless! :pray1:

AlNg

Dancing at a Greek Orthodox festival:

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 16, 2021, 05:30:23 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 16, 2021, 04:22:25 PM
Straight out of hell:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgCPIAHME8s[/yt]

I love the painting below the video, really pretty! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing this with us, VETUS!

God Bless! :pray1:

Tarantella (Italian pronunciation: [taran?t?lla]) is a group of various folk dances characterized by a fast upbeat tempo, usually in 6/8 time (sometimes 12/8 or 4/4), accompanied by tambourines. It is among the most recognized forms of traditional southern Italian music. The specific dance-name varies with every region, for instance tammurriata in Campania, pizzica in the Salento region, and Sonu a ballu in Calabria. Tarantella is popular in Southern Italy and Argentina. The term may appear as tarantello in a linguistically masculine construction.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

TandJ

Quote from: Borygo on September 17, 2021, 10:18:27 AM
Sorry, I'm not very fluent in English, but I wanted to encourage you to check out the video below:

Good studies on this subject can also be found here:

https://books.google.pl/books?id=j78MAAAAYAAJ&pg=PR1&dq=abbe+louis+hulot,+dances&hl=pl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEiIT_tYbzAhWolIsKHcNpAd8Q6wF6BAgHEAE#v=onepage&q=abbe%20louis%20hulot%2C%20dances&f=false

https://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/n064rp_Balls-01.htm
https://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/n065rp_Balls-02.htm

I looked at the book and it doesn't seem very authoritative. There's no imprimatur and it looks like a layman translated a book from a French cleric? It also claims dancing is automatically a mortal sin? Even Fr. Lovasik says decent dancing that isn't a proximate occasion of sin is OK

Borygo

Quote from: TandJ on September 17, 2021, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: Borygo on September 17, 2021, 10:18:27 AM
Sorry, I'm not very fluent in English, but I wanted to encourage you to check out the video below:

Good studies on this subject can also be found here:

https://books.google.pl/books?id=j78MAAAAYAAJ&pg=PR1&dq=abbe+louis+hulot,+dances&hl=pl&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjEiIT_tYbzAhWolIsKHcNpAd8Q6wF6BAgHEAE#v=onepage&q=abbe%20louis%20hulot%2C%20dances&f=false

https://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/n064rp_Balls-01.htm
https://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/n065rp_Balls-02.htm

I looked at the book and it doesn't seem very authoritative. There's no imprimatur and it looks like a layman translated a book from a French cleric? It also claims dancing is automatically a mortal sin? Even Fr. Lovasik says decent dancing that isn't a proximate occasion of sin is OK

However, there are also books on imprimatur in which they were reluctant to dance (implicitly: people of different sex not married to each other) and balls. For example, Fr. François Xavier Schouppe wrote:

There are balls which are gravely licentious, either on account of immodest dances or of the costumes and dresses introduced at them. In these no one should take part. Even modest dances are rarely without danger, and a Christian should not frequent them from choice and of his own free will.

https://archive.org/details/abridgedcourser01schogoog/page/n364/mode/2up

Generally, before Vatican II, most Catholic theologians, and perhaps all saints who spoke on the subject, treated the dance of different sexes at least with a great deal of suspicion.

Of course, the point is not that gender dancing should be intrinsically evil. Dancing between people of the opposite sex who are not yet married is not, per se, a matter of sin, but very often - due to its specificity, which is the weakening of both natural and cultural limits of familiarity and closeness - is more or less dangerous for the virtue of chastity.

Ps. Sorry again for my poor English.

Philip G.

Here is a theory that might we worth entertaining.  I believe that the way we dance, and the way we fight are related.  With that said, lets look at islamic cultures, particularly the ones with men that are violent towards women.  I doubt those islamic cultures allow their females to publicly dance.  Correct me if I am wrong.  But, at the same time, I have seen the mosques, filled with bearded men, making music and dancing among themselves.  That would mean that the men dance in these islamic law (religious) cultures, and the women do not.  The male is the sultan of the swing.  There may be slight exceptions, but I think that may be the case. 

If this is true, for the relation, lets look at how the men of these cultures fight.  Are these men terrorist/isis types?  I will take a guess and say probably yes.  How does/has ISIS been fighting in syria for example?  It is my understanding that they capture a city filled with civilians(aka women and children, because they kill off the men there immediately), and they then essentially use these women and children as human shields in battle by proxy.  Evil dance is inseparable from evil warfare.

In the west, it is women who leads the dance, in some cases very seductively I might add.  With that said, if our military is such a disgrace, as it currently is, can we blame it on the dancing woman? 

Just a note, I don't advise learning our lesson about the morality of dancing from one whose avatar is a man firing a machine gun.

So long as our cultures rattle our sabers, our cultures will dance.  But, there is a catch, and it is twofold  There is a difference between rattling our sabers in our backyard, and rattling our sabers on the border of our country.  Likewise, there is a difference between giving a little boy a barbi doll and giving him an army action figure to play with.  Don't get me started on memories of playing with army men action figures as a kid.  They might be some of my earliest memories.  If there was a humvee driving down the highway with or against traffic, trust me, I spotted it.  Anyway, one act is not wrong, while the other act is wrong.  Don't give your little boy a barbi, and don't give your little girl captain commando.  Don't have your little girls writing messages on your atomic warheads.  Don't have your little boys dancing (tango) with your voluptuous women. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Melkor

Quote from: Philip G. on September 22, 2021, 02:49:52 AM
Here is a theory that might we worth entertaining.  I believe that the way we dance, and the way we fight are related.  With that said, lets look at islamic cultures, particularly the ones with men that are violent towards women.  I doubt those islamic cultures allow their females to publicly dance.  Correct me if I am wrong.  But, at the same time, I have seen the mosques, filled with bearded men, making music and dancing among themselves.  That would mean that the men dance in these islamic law (religious) cultures, and the women do not.  The male is the sultan of the swing.  There may be slight exceptions, but I think that may be the case. 

If this is true, for the relation, lets look at how the men of these cultures fight.  Are these men terrorist/isis types?  I will take a guess and say probably yes.  How does/has ISIS been fighting in syria for example?  It is my understanding that they capture a city filled with civilians(aka women and children, because they kill off the men there immediately), and they then essentially use these women and children as human shields in battle by proxy.  Evil dance is inseparable from evil warfare.

In the west, it is women who leads the dance, in some cases very seductively I might add.  With that said, if our military is such a disgrace, as it currently is, can we blame it on the dancing woman? 

Just a note, I don't advise learning our lesson about the morality of dancing from one whose avatar is a man firing a machine gun.

So long as our cultures rattle our sabers, our cultures will dance.  But, there is a catch, and it is twofold  There is a difference between rattling our sabers in our backyard, and rattling our sabers on the border of our country.  Likewise, there is a difference between giving a little boy a barbi doll and giving him an army action figure to play with.  Don't get me started on memories of playing with army men action figures as a kid.  They might be some of my earliest memories.  If there was a humvee driving down the highway with or against traffic, trust me, I spotted it.  Anyway, one act is not wrong, while the other act is wrong.  Don't give your little boy a barbi, and don't give your little girl captain commando.  Don't have your little girls writing messages on your atomic warheads.  Don't have your little boys dancing (tango) with your voluptuous women.

What are you even talking about? :huh:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Philip G.

Quote from: Melkor on September 22, 2021, 09:07:53 AM
Quote from: Philip G. on September 22, 2021, 02:49:52 AM

What are you even talking about? :huh:

The title is what's the deal with dancing.  The deal with dancing is that if we are an empire, which means we have at the very least a standing military, and at the very most an expanding military, we are going to also have equally as influential on our way of life, dancing that is feminine and seductive in nature.  That what it means. 

Why some clergy and saints of the present and past who appear to be a cog in the same empire machine demonize dancing as entirely evil is another story, and a one potentially more sinister in my opinion.  But, I will leave that one alone. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

MaximGun

Theory works well for Italians.

Fails, miserably, with Russians and other slavs who love to dance with their women.