WEEKLY Group Rosary - Saturday Evenings

Started by Kaesekopf, November 15, 2017, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 26, 2017, 12:37:37 AM
I went in at 10 but no one was there

I don't know why.

The 10PM time slot was the most voted. We had already 3 GR done in a row at 8PM (Saturday 11th, 18th and 25th). Has there any GR taken place at 10PM?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jacob

Yeah, not so popular a time after all. ¯\_(?)_/¯

8PM has done well though.  Last night and the week before, we've had at least four folks each time.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Non Nobis

I didn't try this time.  Last week I was there at 10 but there was only 1 other person who only wanted to watch.
It's easy to get discouraged when that happens...  I'm glad the 8PM time is working well for others.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Jacob

I have company this weekend and won't be able to be around for the group rosary at either time.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Vetus Ordo

Reminder:

Group Rosary this evening at 8PM and 10PM. This is our 4th session.

I'll try to be there.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Xavier

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on December 02, 2017, 11:02:57 AM
Reminder:

Group Rosary this evening at 8PM and 10PM. This is our 4th session.

I'll try to be there.

Was able to make the first one today, at 8pm est, just before Mass. [Saturday evening est is Sunday morning for me :)] In chapel, they gave the example of how Poland etc was freed from Communism by the Rosary. They asked us to pray the Rosary at homes on Dec 8th, Feast of the Immaculate Conception (beside a holy hour in chapel between 12 to 1 pm) and took down the names of those who volunteered to do so.

I was thinking, if people find it easier to do so, could we have something similar here? That is, if people can agree to say a Rosary at the time convenient for them, we can plan that accordingly here. This way, if say, 10 people agree, either all 10 can pray at the stipulated time and we can count and keep track here. Or, if it's easier, because some are in different time zones, free at different times etc they can agree to pray at consecutive times. Say, one person can set apart 6-620 pm. Another 620-640 pm. Then 640-700 pm etc. This way we can have something like a continuous Rosary like some monastic communities do. And we can schedule that for the week here. What do you say?
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Xavier on December 02, 2017, 10:03:11 PM
What do you say?

To be honest, I think it's too ambitious.

It will be hard enough to keep this simple Saturday evening rosary going on. Let's take each step at a time.

Vetus Ordo

Jayne has told me that there has been some difficulty in following the prayer format when I'm not around.

I thought the format was pretty straightforward but, since it isn't as simple as I thought it was, I'm willing to host a webcam chat with some of you who wish to volunteer to lead the rosary prayers (Jacob, Aeneas, etc.), so I can explain the procedure and train, if necessary, a few of you to keep this thing going.

I understand the GR was said last Saturday but that people had to improvise. I hope it won't be necessary in the future. Tell me what you think and how many of you are interested.

ÆneasQuébécois

I think I know how to do it, although 10 Eastern is my bedtime, so I am almost never there for that one, so I don`t know how useful I could be then.
"True evangelical faith...cannot lay dormant; but manifests itself in all righteousness and works of love; it...clothes the naked; feeds the hungry; consoles the afflicted; shelters the miserable; aids and consoles all the oppressed; returns good for evil; serves those that injure it; prays for those that persecute it." ~ Menno Simons

Jacob

Agreed.  It takes a few times around to get a hold on what's going on.
--Neal Stephenson

Vetus Ordo

Jacob

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on December 06, 2017, 02:03:45 PM
No training necessary, then?

I would like to do some training.  Not by the means you suggest though, as I can't hear, so webcam chat isn't workable.  What I'd need to do to get the hang of leading is just taking the lead and people allowing me to sort through the guide at my own speed, copy, pasting, making sure I am not losing my place.

I do recommend that anyone who wants to learn this should participate by doing the responses first to know how things work.
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

How about a crib sheet such as that in reply #5 only in English. I think it could of helped last Fri. night. I've had no experience with group rosaries until SD and am trying to learn it.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Vetus Ordo

Jacob and Red,

If you want to try a "dry rosary" in the chatroom tomorrow or Saturday before the proper time, we can do it. It might be a useful way for you to master the format.