"Limiting God", Michael Voris

Started by Kaesekopf, April 21, 2016, 04:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

It's also easy to justify all manner of perversions and normalize them, Jayne, out of an utterly false and perverse sense of mercy or charity.

Isn't it?

Why can't a 15 year sodomite just get a regular job in journalism, and quietly go to mass and the sacraments.  Why the need to be a new media celebrity and invite people on his cruises?

Isn't it an occasion of sin for someone with such a past to be admired by hundreds of people?  I would have thought it was highly imprudent.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: Flora on April 21, 2016, 05:45:39 PM
Because one can also say that St. Augustine also "shagged a whole bunch of women".

But they were women.

Big difference.

Name me a reformed faggot saint or doctor of the Church.  Just one will do in the last 2000 years.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Pheo

Quote from: Greg on April 21, 2016, 05:14:51 PM
Are there any repentant sodomites in scripture or repentant sodomites who were canonized, beatified or mentioned in dispatches?

Closest you're gonna get is (kind of) implied in 1 Corinthians:

QuoteKnow you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God. And such some of you were; but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of our God.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Sockpuppet on April 21, 2016, 05:35:08 PM
A pedophile could also be saved and live the life of Christ.

Nonetheless, I don't think they should be in a position to publicly teach the faith.

This is essentially how I feel.

Joyed he turned from sin, but he probably shouldnt be a public (lay) teacher....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Prayerful

A publican meant not a seller of drink but a private tax collector or publicani or tax farmer who had to collect tax, but there was no harm in collecting a bit more for his efforts in taking on the farm of tax. It was something in the twilight, a gangster or gangsters (often former criminals with connected patrons took a lease of a tax farm) with the protection of the state. Tax farming remained usual until the nineteenth century. It would a hard thing for a hated and hardened man like that to repent, yet all the more valuable. I cannot see how Michael Voris is not repentant, just hope he gives up on the neo con attack dog stuff.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Greg

Quote from: Jayne on April 21, 2016, 05:40:17 PM
It is easy to look down on others for their sins, especially sins that we are not tempted toward ourselves.

When I start advocating vegetarianism, diplomacy, geocentrism, Indian call centres or hope and selling $3000 cruises for my spiel then you should shoot me down in flames.

Greg

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 21, 2016, 05:53:13 PM

This is essentially how I feel.

Joyed he turned from sin, but he probably shouldnt be a public (lay) teacher....

In short, "Limiting Michael Voris" - God.

knish

Quote from: Gerard on April 21, 2016, 05:07:57 PM
His past sins that he previously alluded to and subsequently went to confession for are not anything I really wanted to know about.  I don't think it was a mistake for him not to reveal it.

Christ and His Church are forgiving, the world of man? Never. 

I think it's a shame that his confessional can remain private but somehow the archdiocese can still gather the dirt and try to destroy someone.

Simultaneously it's smart of him to get out ahead of it and disarm the evil vipers that seem to have no low too low for them. 

I haven't been a fan of Voris for a while because of his SSPX flip flops etc.  But if he's got crosshairs on him like this, he must be doing some good out there.
I disagree with his position on the SSPX, and I find his malicious attacks on trad outlets to be totally uncalled for, but he's a Catholic, and I believe he's doing good work. God bless him.
"Everything in this life passes away — only God remains, only He is worth struggling towards. We have a choice: to follow the way of this world, of the society that surrounds us, and thereby find ourselves outside of God; or to choose the way of life, to choose God Who calls us and for Whom our heart is searching."
? Seraphim Rose

Chestertonian

Come back Fr. Corapi all is forgiven.

Are there any repentant sodomites in scripture or repentant sodomites who were canonized, beatified or mentioned in dispatches?

I've not heard of any.  Strange really, since there seem to be a lot of sodomites in the Church.
we have repentant murderers and prostitutes
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Greg

Look, use your common sense here people.  It's about all you have left.

If...for 15 sodding years.... between the fairly mature and adult ages of 25 and 39 you can't work out that sodomizing men is not something that you should be doing, then you've absolutely no business giving your opinion on complex theological arguments.

Your brain is damaged.  It doesn't get entirely better between aged 40 and 54.

Greg

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 21, 2016, 06:12:14 PM
Come back Fr. Corapi all is forgiven.

I've not heard of any.  Strange really, since there seem to be a lot of sodomites in the Church.
we have repentant murderers and prostitutes

Hardly the same thing.

Besides, I am not sure St. Paul can be called a murderer.  Technically he was acting with the authority of the state in arresting Christians and having them put to death.  So he was a sort of judge/executioner.

Mr. Mysterious

An interesting thought: if it's true that the Archdiocese of NY was about to publicize his sexual history, how did they find out about it in the first place? 
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on April 21, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
An interesting thought: if it's true that the Archdiocese of NY was about to publicize his sexual history, how did they find out about it in the first place?

Probably his fag lovers and friends. 

Or, the fags in the hierarchy know the same fags.

Or the fags he was with became ArchNY priests and employees.

All very possible situations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Greg

Well, this is just wild speculation on my part, but I suspect one or two of them Archdiocese types might be faggots too.

Or maybe they just looked up old editions of Bare Ass Monthly.

Prayerful

Another programme of his suggested that the Novus Ordo priesthood is 50% gay. One of them might have known, but surely it would be a matter of hiring a private detective or investigator. I would be more surprised if the archdiocese didn't have a blackmail file to be deployed as needed.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.