kinesiology, the devil?

Started by Carleendiane, September 25, 2016, 05:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

So, what's your opinion. And Ches, it is so much more than that. It is tapping into your natural energies. Making diagnosis, distance diagnosis. Wherever you are a practitioner can read your body energies and give diagnosis and remedy.

Edit to say: I think you are right. But I don't think they go deeply into it. Physical therapy I mean.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

C'mon Ches, we were talking. I said you said, remember?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 25, 2016, 06:01:41 PM
yes.  I think it's a real academic discipline but could mean that woo-woo new agers co opted the term to mean wachy holistic stuff

Kind of like there are registered dietitians and there are "nutritionists"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 25, 2016, 06:07:08 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 25, 2016, 06:01:41 PM
yes.  I think it's a real academic discipline but could mean that woo-woo new agers co opted the term to mean wachy holistic stuff

Kind of like there are registered dietitians and there are "nutritionists"

Yes co-opted by new agers, but still an eastern medicine, the end of this type of medicine is about an individual's personal energy field and the practitioner able to read it, no matter where in the world they are! I'm not sure there is safe involvement in this.

I know a woman kinesiologist whose spiritual advisor uses her for his medical needs. Just too spiritual for me. We used to use her. Until she started diagnosing us over the phone. We got very creeper out. The deeper she got into it the worse her and her family's physical problems became. She now looks shabby and not well. As I've said, and now ask, if you play in this devils sandbox, will you get sand in your shoes? Her spiritual director (NO) gives his blessing on this practice.Every time I asked her to explain exactly what is happening in this practice, she would get dodgey!

Chestertonian

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesiology

"Kinesiology as described above should not be confused with applied kinesiology, a controversial[3][4][5] medical diagnostic method."
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 25, 2016, 06:27:20 PM

"Kinesiology as described above should not be confused with applied kinesiology, a controversial[3][4][5] medical diagnostic method."

Gotcha! I must be describing applied kinesiology!

martin88nyc

applied kinesiology is new age as much as Reiki although they are different.
I used to be a patient of a reiki practitioner before my reversion. When she said that she will take bad energy from me by some type of shamanic healing art which includes egg cleansing, a big red light signal went off in y head. It was actually my first step toward reversion. I just knew that this was not wright. Shamanic healing from the start. She even assured me that this gift comes from God and that angels assist hear in healing people. Stay away from applied kinesilogy as far as you can.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 25, 2016, 06:31:48 PM

Yeah -- the regular kind is a legit study of movement, etc.  It can be used in legit, conventional physical therapy and even in sports coaching (understanding how the body moves to teach better performance for things like gymnastics, the golf swing, etc).
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Carleendiane

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on September 25, 2016, 11:47:05 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 25, 2016, 06:31:48 PM

i thought it was all the same, just different levels of participation. now i see i was wrong. any way we have nothing to do with this anymore, thank God.

Yeah -- the regular kind is a legit study of movement, etc.  It can be used in legit, conventional physical therapy and even in sports coaching (understanding how the body moves to teach better performance for things like gymnastics, the golf swing, etc).

Carleendiane

Quote from: martin88nyc on September 25, 2016, 10:26:05 PM
applied kinesiology is new age as much as Reiki although they are different.
I used to be a patient of a reiki practitioner before my reversion. When she said that she will take bad energy from me by some type of shamanic healing art which includes egg cleansing, a big red light signal went off in y head. It was actually my first step toward reversion. I just knew that this was not wright. Shamanic healing from the start. She even assured me that this gift comes from God and that angels assist hear in healing people. Stay away from applied kinesilogy as far as you can.

Martin, no worries. We do and try to inform those who are curious or desperate enough to use it.

Greg

You see a lot of athletes at club level competitions wearing that coloured tape on their arms and legs.

I don't believe it makes any difference.  Sportspeople, are superstitious as heck though and they are always trying new fads.

I'm preferred this era when things were more earthy and real.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.