???-?????? ??????? ??????? ?????

Started by Landless Laborer, November 18, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landless Laborer

???-?????? ??????? ??????? ????, ? ????? ???????? ??? ???? ???????

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Landless Laborer

Quote from: MilesChristi on November 19, 2013, 09:18:59 AM
??? ????????-?? ??????.
Haha very good!  I can tell you typed it yourself without the aid of an electronic translator.  Bravo!   ???????! 

Basilios

It's on my to-do list. I will marry a Russian (possibly Latvian or Urakanian, these are acceptable compromises for me) and report back to you in 10 years.

So far all I know is what I learn from the liturgy.

Gospodi pomiluj Gospodi prosti bog etc
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Greg

Don't marry a Urakanian whatever you do.  She will have a heck of a time getting a UK passport, (being stateless and all.)

Much easier to marry a Ukrainian instead.

Still, drinking while you type is an excellent courting ritual.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Basilios on November 20, 2013, 08:35:29 AM
It's on my to-do list. I will marry a Russian (possibly Latvian or Urakanian, these are acceptable compromises for me) and report back to you in 10 years.

So far all I know is what I learn from the liturgy.

Gospodi pomiluj Gospodi prosti bog etc
The liturgy is Slavonic, which is pretty close to Russian.  I used to think it was Old Russian, kind of like the Our Father being in Old English.  I've since learned that Old Russian is different, and Slavonic is considered by most Slavs to be Old Bulgarian.  Who knows? 
I like Greek too, and sing in a Greek choir, but haven't put much work into the language. 
Russian is a great language to learn because it is so widely spoken, it's kind of the reserve language for all of Eastern Europe, most Serbs and Bosnians for example, learn it in school.  FYI Ukrainians have the longest legs.  ;)

Greg

I thought Croatian women have longer legs?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Greg on November 20, 2013, 03:58:46 PM
I thought Croatian women have longer legs?
Haven't been to that country yet.  But i'll pack a tape measure if i go. 

Dextimus

Quote from: Landless Laborer on November 18, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

??????! ???????, ??? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ????????? ????? ?? ????? ???????? ?????? ? ????.
Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests behave like priests, your bishops, like bishops, and your religious like religious. (Ven. Peter John Fulton Sheen)

Landless Laborer

Quote from: Dextimus on December 16, 2013, 05:00:11 AM
Quote from: Landless Laborer on November 18, 2013, 10:41:45 PM

??????! ???????, ??? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ????????? ????? ?? ????? ???????? ?????? ? ????.

??????!  ??????, ? ????????? ???.  ???????? ???? ?????? ????, ? ?? ???????? ?? ?????????? ?????????? ?????, ? ?????? ??-????????  ?????? ????!  ????? ???????  ? ??????? ?? ??????????? ????????????.  ??? ??? ???? ???????????...???? ?? ?????? ??????.

Dextimus

? ?????? ???????? ????? ? ?????? ??????. ? ??? ????? ??? ??? ???????????? ??????????? ???? ??? ???????? ????????? ?????. ??????? ? ????????? ??????????? ????? ????? ??????? ??? ?? ????. ????? ??????????? ? ???????? ? ?????? ???????? ? ?? ????????, ??????? ? ?????????. ??? ???????? ?????????, ?? ???????? ????? ??? ???? ????????????, ??????? ?? ????????????? ?? ?????? ?????, ????? ???????, ?????.
? ???????? ???????????? ?????, ???????? ?????????? ??????. ??? ?????????? ??????? ??????? ??? ???. ???? ????????????? ??? ??????????. ?? ?????? ?? ???????? :-)
Who is going to save our Church? Not our bishops, not our priests and religious. It is up to you, the people. You have the minds, the eyes, the ears to save the Church. Your mission is to see that your priests behave like priests, your bishops, like bishops, and your religious like religious. (Ven. Peter John Fulton Sheen)