Members You Wish Would Come Back

Started by Bonaventure, August 15, 2023, 11:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

I remember Vetus Ordo from Fisheaters. If I recall correctly he left the Church and became an unaffiliated Calvinist?

Goldfinch hasn't posted in a little while but his posting history is nothing like what I remember of Vetus Ordo, even when VO was Catholic. Goldfinch sure looks like a sedevacantist, for one. He seems militantly opposed to non-Catholic translations of scripture (which he should be-- just saying, that doesn't sound like a VO trait).  And many other positions, not to mention his general tone, which don't remind me at all of Vetus Ordo.

Is the idea of VO=Goldfinch substantiated by literally anything other than a random and apparently arbitrary claim?
I do profess to be no less than I seem, to serve him truly
that will put me in trust, to love him that is honest, to
converse with him that is wise and says little, to fear
judgment, to fight when I cannot choose, and to eat no fish.

Baylee

Quote from: Kent on August 29, 2023, 10:58:12 AMI remember Vetus Ordo from Fisheaters. If I recall correctly he left the Church and became an unaffiliated Calvinist?

Goldfinch hasn't posted in a little while but his posting history is nothing like what I remember of Vetus Ordo, even when VO was Catholic. Goldfinch sure looks like a sedevacantist, for one. He seems militantly opposed to non-Catholic translations of scripture (which he should be-- just saying, that doesn't sound like a VO trait).  And many other positions, not to mention his general tone, which don't remind me at all of Vetus Ordo.

Is the idea of VO=Goldfinch substantiated by literally anything other than a random and apparently arbitrary claim?

Not to mention how much he abhorred the trolls like Justin Martyr and fully expected him to come back under a different name if he was banned.

Then again Jean Carrier completely fooled me in our private chats.

Heinrich

Quote from: Kent on August 29, 2023, 10:58:12 AMI remember Vetus Ordo from Fisheaters. If I recall correctly he left the Church and became an unaffiliated Calvinist?

Vetus has taken many personalities over the years.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Baylee

Quote from: Heinrich on August 29, 2023, 11:22:31 AM

Was this investigated by the mods over the years?  Was he banned for it?

Even so, that doesn't mean Goldfinch is one of his many personalities.

Bonaventure

No. They are the same.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Baylee on August 29, 2023, 11:25:40 AM

On this forum, the only alter ego he has had is Goldfinch.

Why was that permitted? I attribute it to the Forum Owner's largesse.

Regarding his stances and beliefs on this and other fora?

He was a hardcore SSPXer, a sede sympathizer, a "High Church Protestant," a Calvinist, and apparently is back to being Catholic.

He has also publicly admitted to apostasy and being a Mohammedan in his 20s.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Baylee

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 29, 2023, 11:45:37 AM

He was a hardcore SSPXer, a sede sympathizer, a "High Church Protestant," a Calvinist, and apparently is back to being Catholic.

Well, maybe it shouldn't be permitted.  It is against the rules, no?  I am quite tired of PMing with people who are actually "someone else". 

Bonaventure

Quote from: Baylee on August 29, 2023, 11:51:55 AM

Well, maybe it shouldn't be permitted.  It is against the rules, no?  I am quite tired of PMing with people who are actually "someone else". 

I would advise that you share your opinion with @Kaesekopf.

Melkor

Maxim Gun. But Greg started posting again anyways so I doubt it... 🙃
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Heinrich

Quote from: Melkor on August 29, 2023, 07:13:39 PMMaxim Gun. But Greg started posting again anyways so I doubt it... 🙃

No. They are different people.

Also, Flutterquill. He was a legend.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Melkor

Quote from: Heinrich on August 29, 2023, 07:23:55 PM
Quote from: Melkor on August 29, 2023, 07:13:39 PMMaxim Gun. But Greg started posting again anyways so I doubt it... 🙃

[/quot
Quote from: Heinrich on August 29, 2023, 07:23:55 PM

Haha Vetus isn't Goldfinch though lol so why would I take your word for it, all due respect of course my man.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Baylee

Quote from: Melkor on August 29, 2023, 07:41:19 PMHaha Vetus isn't Goldfinch though lol so why would I take your word for it, all due respect of course my man.

According to Bonaventure/Kaese Goldfinch is Vetus and was allowed to keep the two accounts.

Non Nobis

(I am going to the hospital in a few hours for surgery as reported in prayer intentions, and should be sleeping now, but I couldn't sleep, so here I am. Strange impulse since I rarely post now..)

Bonaventure, do you know that Goldfinch is an alter ego for Vetus Ordo only because you as a moderator have access to information that us ordinary mortals (I mean forum members) can not see (e.g. IP addresses?) Do you have this access now, or are you getting information from Kaesekopf?

I agree with Kent that from what we see Goldfinch is very different than Vetus Ordo, not the same person.

On the other hand Vetus Ordo under that user name and same person HAS changed his opinions often in a confusing way. In Fisheaters Vetus Ordo was a Catholic who was confused, but played a miserable joke starting on April Fools trying to convert others to (Calvinism? Or some other non-Catholic Christian religion) pretending he was no longer Catholic. At the end it came out as "just a joke"; some people had guessed it was a joke. But maybe it was no joke after all, and he was just pretending  to pretend, pretending it was a joke, trying to fool himself that he was still Catholic. Later he became (or revealed himself as wrapped up in Islam.. But all I saw was in posts where he was consistently named Vetus Ordo and had the same kind of recognizable personality, not exactly an alter ego, but a confused and changing person.

What exactly do you and K see that we don't see?

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Bonaventure

@Non Nobis

We are humbled that in these moments before your surgery you are spending time with us!

I offer up my day for you, please know.

To answer your question:

QuoteBonaventure, do you know that Goldfinch is an alter ego for Vetus Ordo only because you as a moderator have access to information that us ordinary mortals (I mean forum members) can not see (e.g. IP addresses?)

It is the above. We have hard evidence, and have made the determination and decision to ban his alternate account.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Baylee on August 30, 2023, 05:10:55 AM
Quote from: Melkor on August 29, 2023, 07:41:19 PMHaha Vetus isn't Goldfinch though lol so why would I take your word for it, all due respect of course my man.

According to Bonaventure/Kaese Goldfinch is Vetus and was allowed to keep the two accounts.

I wouldn't say "allowed."

Merely that once the investigation was completed, and evidence reviewed, the Owner and I made the determination. The alt account is now banned.