90-yr-old groom, 15-yr-old bride

Started by Lyubov, January 08, 2013, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: erin is nice on January 08, 2013, 12:57:53 PM
Just waiting for the boys around here to come along and say this is perfectly natural and acceptable.... I need a toe tapping smiley.

Based on recent discourse, I think this may be referencing the distinction between Natural and Unnatural in Moral Theology.

It also seems to be associating "natural" with "acceptable" in a scandalous manner.

Natural and Unnatural do not refer to to the entire situation, but to individual human acts.

Islamic marriage is full of issues, based on my knowledge of Church norms for marriage, I think there would be a strong case for declaring this "marriage" void, as there seems to be a defect of matrimonial consent in the woman at the very least.

The ages do not defy nature or Church law:

Quote from: Canon Law
Can.  1083 §1. A man before he has completed his sixteenth year of age and a woman before she has completed her fourteenth year of age cannot enter into a valid marriage.

Based on my knowledge of Islamic law, it does not violate it either.

tmw89

Just waiting for the boys around here to come along and say this is perfectly natural and acceptable.... I need a toe tapping smiley.

Not this boy.  From the beginning, this sounded wrong on its face.  On top of that:

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 08, 2013, 06:08:57 PMIslamic marriage is full of issues, based on my knowledge of Church norms for marriage, I think there would be a strong case for declaring this "marriage" void, as there seems to be a defect of matrimonial consent in the woman at the very least.

Only situation in Christian (not necessarily Catholic) marriage that comes to mind as a sort of parallel to this with any real justification was the marriage of a grizzly old American Civil War vet to a very young girl who was in bad straits, so she could reap the financial benefits of being a vet's widow.  If anyone else has heard about this, please chime in, I don't recall the specifics.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

jovan66102

Not from this 'boy'. I find it disgusting but standard practice for the pigs who follow the religion of a paedophile. Oops, sorry about insulting swine! ;D
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Der Kaiser

The second I read the thread title I thought " gotta be some muslim."
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Vetus Ordo

90 year-old groom and a 15 year-old bride?

Well, they're both consenting adults. In theory at least.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Greg

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on January 08, 2013, 02:04:21 PM
Quote from: Ben on January 08, 2013, 02:03:31 PM
Anna Nicole Smith married a 90-year-old.

She wasn't 15, though -- except maybe mentally.  :P

She was 38 if my memory serves me.

38DD
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Ben