90-yr-old groom, 15-yr-old bride

Started by Lyubov, January 08, 2013, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyubov

Ick.

QuoteWhile it's not unusual for an older man to marry a younger wife in Saudi culture, the recent marriage of a 90-year-old Saudi man to a 15-year-old girl is raising human rights questions.   

In an interview with the Al Arabiya news channel, the elderly groom said his marriage was "legal and correct" and noted he paid the girl's parents a $17,500 dowry.

But the man told the station that on the couple's first night together, his new bride locked him out of their bedroom. Family friends said the teen was scared on her wedding night and locked herself  in the room for two straight days before fleeing to her parents' home.

The groom said he would sue the girl's parents if they didn't return the dowry or send his bride back.

Saudi National Association for Human Rights member Suhaila Zein al-Abedin urged authorities to get involved, according to Al Arabiya.

Abedin said marriage in Islam must be based on mutual consent and the girl's behavior indicates she was not satisfied with the arrangement.

The teen's parents-- a Saudi mother and Yemeni father – should also be held responsible for marrying their daughter to such an old man, Abedin noted.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/07/marriage-0-year-old-saudi-man-15-year-old-girl-sparks-controversy/?test=latestnews#ixzz2HPW7ssIn
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

erin is nice

Just waiting for the boys around here to come along and say this is perfectly natural and acceptable.... I need a toe tapping smiley.

FaithByProxy

Quote from: erin is nice on January 08, 2013, 12:57:53 PM
Just waiting for the boys around here to come along and say this is perfectly natural and acceptable.... I need a toe tapping smiley.

I know, they're just looking for chances to jump in and oppress us poor defenseless womenfolk.  ::)
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Mono no aware

I, for one, do not understand the preference for young brides.  I realize that a fifteen-yr-old is fertile, but I find teenagers to be irritating and superficial.

EcceQuamBonum

Well, I'm at least one "boy" who finds the item in the OP perfectly repulsive and reprehensible. 

Brought to you by Islam, the religion of peace and untrammeled perversion.  But when the founder of one's religion is a pedophile and an adulterer, what does one expect?
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

JoyfulMother

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 08, 2013, 01:30:51 PM

Well, I'm at least one "boy" who finds the item in the OP perfectly repulsive and reprehensible. 

Brought to you by Islam, the religion of peace and untrammeled perversion.  But when the founder of one's religion is a pedophile and an adulterer, what does one expect?

THIS!

Mono no aware

I can't post it here, but the comedian Billy Connolly has an amusing routine about Muslim suicide bombers who look forward to having 53 virgins awaiting them in paradise.  "The very thought of 53 virgins," he says, "is a nightmare!  It's not a present, it's not a prize.  That's a punishment!  Give me two fire-breathin' whores any day of the week!"

It's not a very Catholic sentiment, I guess, but it's still funny.

Kaesekopf

Ask, and you shall receive (eventually)!

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Ben

Quote from: FaithByProxy on January 08, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

I know, they're just looking for chances to jump in and oppress us poor defenseless womenfolk.  ::)

haha!

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Mr Brocklehurst on January 08, 2013, 01:35:08 PM

I can't post it here, but the comedian Billy Connolly has an amusing routine about Muslim suicide bombers who look forward to having 53 virgins awaiting them in paradise.  "The very thought of 53 virgins," he says, "is a nightmare!  It's not a present, it's not a prize.  That's a punishment!  Give me two fire-breathin' whores any day of the week!"

It's not a very Catholic sentiment, I guess, but it's still funny.

I like this one better...

After being killed by Marines, Osama made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington. "How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!" yells Mr. Washington, slapping Osama in the face.

Patrick Henry comes up from behind. "You wanted to end the Americans' liberty, so they gave you death!" Henry punches Osama on the nose.

James Madison comes up next, and says "This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!" He drops a large weight on Osama's knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe, and 65 other people who have the same love for liberty and America.

As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams "This is not what I was promised!"

An angel replies "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you, idiot. What did you think I said?"
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Ben

Anna Nicole Smith married a 90-year-old.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Ben on January 08, 2013, 02:03:31 PM
Anna Nicole Smith married a 90-year-old.

She wasn't 15, though -- except maybe mentally.  :P

Ben

Kaesekopf

OCLF:  I read you post as "Obama," initially....
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 08, 2013, 02:10:29 PM
OCLF:  I read you post as "Obama," initially....

Yeah, I did too, a few times, as I was proofreading it before copying and pasting the joke...