Greg and Jayne

Started by christulsa, December 12, 2019, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

I would vote that both come back; I was sorry to see their "Mutual Disarmament Treaty" go into effect. I agree with Jane that somewhere along the way, Greg has become so discussted and discouraged with the situation in the Church, that he began promoting unorthodox views, somewhat akin to "kill them all and let God sort them out"; which is not really a healthy attitude. 
I also have commented in the past, about Jane's patient and kind response to the rude and uncharitable posts that emanate from many of the "Jane hatter" group. Her attitude is admirable. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 15, 2019, 02:50:53 PM
I would vote that both come back; I was sorry to see their "Mutual Disarmament Treaty" go into effect. I agree with Jane that somewhere along the way, Greg has become so discussted and discouraged with the situation in the Church, that he began promoting unorthodox views, somewhat akin to "kill them all and let God sort them out"; which is not really a healthy attitude. 
I also have commented in the past, about Jane's patient and kind response to the rude and uncharitable posts that emanate from many of the "Jane hatter" group. Her attitude is admirable.

What's admirable is your disposition. I pray that I can have it. I don't know why I let some Canadian get under my skin and burn my passions.  :madsmiley: :wag: :banghead:
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

16/20 so far voting for them to return.  Poll closes in 2 days!   :popcorn:

awkwardcustomer

I've just voted for Greg and Jayne to come back.

But I have to say that I have found this whole affair to be utterly STUPID.

With bells on.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

christulsa

One more day to vote peeps!   Then we'll tally the numbers.  "Gonna find out who's naughty or nice."   (edit: gotta log in to see the accompanying pic).  ;)

Traditionallyruralmom

People need to do what they think is best for their spiritual good. 
I do know that Jayne seems like a chatty gal who is nice to have around for a discussion.
I do know that Greg is a nice guy who once bought my kids a steak dinner  :)
Its Advent, lets be nice.
Lets also leave behind the traddy fighting and unite the clans...
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Xavier

Well, I understand, Jayne. I feel if Catholics gain a spiritual benefit from discussing daily life issues, participating in prayer threads etc and generally having fellowship with other Catholics here, then it may be unnecessary for them to deprive themselves of those benefits. 

My hope for SD in the New Year and going forward is that it can be like a "mini-St. Mary's", as we were just discussing, a place of refuge, an oasis in the desert, for all Catholics who are hurting, who love Mother Church and are looking for answers, who find Tradition etc.

The forum rules are excellent. I just wish we had an active moderator to consistently enforce them at present. Just some time ago, I had to be harsh with someone because of a "God is a Monster" thread. Posts like that should either be disallowed or deleted or edited with all the blasphemous and offensive content removed by the mods, I feel.

Non-Catholics should respect the spirit of this Traditional Catholic forum. Just as the rules say, they can post, but without attacking the Catholic Faith. It's legitimate for such people to say, e.g. "I have some doubts/difficulties/questions" and then that could be discussed.

Or even, "I'm going through a hard time and struggling to experience God's Goodness. Please pray for/help or counsel me" etc is fine. How can other Catholics find refuge if they're forced to encounter blasphemies against God? I think there's a line that mustn't be crossed.

Re: "Mutual Disarmament Treaty". Michael, lol. Doesn't it seem a bit more like some form of "Mutually Assured Destruction"(MAD)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction ::) I would like to see Greg and Jayne back, and good moderation enforced.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

abc123

Quote from: Xavier on December 17, 2019, 03:39:48 PM

Non-Catholics should respect the spirit of this Traditional Catholic forum. Just as the rules say, they can post, but without attacking the Catholic Faith. It's legitimate for such people to say, e.g. "I have some doubts/difficulties/questions" and then that could be discussed.

Interesting. Weren't you recently reprimanded/banned from an Orthodox forum for your constant cut and paste evangelizing?

Heinrich

Quote from: abc123 on December 17, 2019, 04:19:17 PM
Quote from: Xavier on December 17, 2019, 03:39:48 PM

Interesting. Weren't you recently reprimanded/banned from an Orthodox forum for your constant cut and paste evangelizing?

The difference, A. is that he's right and the Orthodox are wrong.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Xavier

Lol, I wasn't banned from OC.net. I did get a warning, though. Anyway, I'm not worried about that; so be it. I'm more interested in the happy prospect of Christendom becoming strong and united once more, when Orthodox Christians happily return to the Catholic Church. I just saw some Orthodox there come closer to accepting Original Sin. When Sacred Scripture and Tradition are studied with devotion and reverence, Truth is clear.

Orthodox Bishop Kallistos Ware says Byzantine Mariological piety would most likely have led them to accept the dogma of the Immaculate Conception, as it was defined by the Catholic Church under Pope Bl. Pius IX, if only they had shared the doctrine of original sin. Well, original sin is in fact taught in ancient canons and even ecumenical councils, but this fact became obscured in the Eastern Orthodox Churches in the last century. A detailed study of the canonical Tradition will show it, and many Orthodox are increasingly realizing it. There was a Synod in Moscow that said Mary was conceived without original sin. They've just generally very much forgotten about it, after around 1895.

We see the Wisdom of God and Our Lady of Fatima in asking for reparation against offenses denying Her Immaculate Conception (number 1 of 5 offenses to make reparation for), and for the need for Russia to be consecrated to Her Immaculate Heart. It seems to be the Will of God and the Plan of Heaven that when the Russian Orthodox Bishops and good Russian people accept, after prayer and study, the Immaculate Conception, above all, everything else that needs to be done for their re-union with the Church will be made easy.

Another extremely positive recent development, Patriarch Bartholomew, who once said he thought some Catholic doctrines were false, more recently said, he no longer considers that to be so. Bp. Kallistos Ware himself, on deeper study, increased reflection, and much prayer, after decades, qualified his position on Filioque, saying he no longer saw the Eastern and Western formulation (from the Father and the Son, and from the Father through the Son), to be totally different. They are a complementary way of professing the same Truth. The error of Photius was that the Holy Spirit proceeds eternally from the Father alone, but not in any way through the Son, as that erring Patriarch says in his Mystagogy.

I am full of hope and confidence for the next decade, even despite many challenges that remain: I believe we will see God continue to do great things and show His Providence for the Church and for us all. Catholic Action for the Pope and Bishops to explicitly consecrate Russia must continue. It was a Russian Patriarch who was one of the first to support Summorum Pontificum of Pope Benedict XVI, and praise the more widespread availability of the Traditional Latin Mass within the Latin Church that ensued. The day is coming when Russia will acknowledge the Catholic Faith and especially the Immaculate Conception and, now Catholic and Consecrated to the Immaculate Heart, contribute much to the re-evangelization of the world.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

christulsa

I'll say this for Xavier.   His arguments are much easier to agree with because he is civil.  Takes a lot of work to keep it on the level as he does.  Goes a long way, and a good example for all of us.

That said, the poll is about finished.  The results:

a). The majority want Greg and Jayne to return!

b)  Greg is most certainly MaximGun!!

c) Therefore, let Greg return to the forum as MaximGun, as well as Jayne!!!

Let's make merry around the Christmas tree and sing a hymn together!    ;)

[yt][/yt]

queen.saints

Quote from: christulsa on December 17, 2019, 08:22:27 PM

I'll say this for Xavier
he is civil.  Takes a lot of work to keep it on the level as he does.  Goes a long way, and a good example for all of us.

Good point. I'd overlooked that.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Xavier

Thanks, Chris, and Queen. Saints. :) God bless you all.

Here's O Holy Night sung by Celine Dion: The Lyrics,

"O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!
   O night divine, O night when Christ was born;
   O night divine, O night, O night Divine.

Led by the light of Faith serenely beaming,
With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand.
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming,
Here come the wise men from the Orient land.
The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friend.

He knows our need, to our weaknesses no stranger,
   Behold your King! Before Him lowly bend!
   Behold your King, Before Him lowly bend!

Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
And in His name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we,
Let all within us praise His holy name.

Christ is the Lord! O praise His Name forever,
   His power and glory evermore proclaim.
   His power and glory evermore proclaim."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sEP5_7DMu0&list=RDpkSqUq6KWCg&index=14

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Holy_Night Merry ChristMas, everybody. It's the season to rejoice in God's Love for us.

dellery

This thread is an embarrassment.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: dellery on December 18, 2019, 08:51:33 PM
This thread is an embarrassment.

I can think of many way more embarrassing threads here  :)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.