The Flu Is Far Worse Than We're Being Told

Started by dymphna17, January 28, 2018, 08:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

This was in my e-mail today and thought I'd pass it along.  There is more to this story at the website.  My Dad died from having the flu 4 days after being diagnosed with it in a nursing home in 2013.  I never thought about taking the flu that seriously before that happened.  There's no need to freak out or go to extremes, but this flu should probably give us pause to find a strategy to not catch it.  Stay healthy everyone!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-27/flu-far-worse-were-being-told-10s-1000s-are-dying 

The Flu Is Far Worse Than We're Being Told
by Tyler Durden
Sat, 01/27/2018 - 20:40

Authored by Cat Ellis via The Organic Prepper blog,

I have been pouring over numbers and reports over the past few days, and it's actually even worse than we're hearing about. Tens of thousands of Americans are dying. It's now worse than the 2009 swine flu outbreak and is on track with the 2014-15 strain. And it's not showing any signs of slowing down. Despite this, the media is downplaying the severity of the flu and the government makes the statistics pretty difficult to find. Are they trying to avoid a panic? Do they know something we don't?  Here's what you need to know about why this year's flu is so dangerous.  . . . . . . The other day, I did an informal "Flu Check-In" through my social media accounts. It was a great way to touch base with hundreds of people around the country. There were loads of reports of hospitals reaching surge capacity, school closings due to high numbers of influenza cases, and people being told by their employers to stay home and telecommute if possible.  Hospitals are at capacity. Hospitals and medical facilities are usually extra busy during flu season. However, this year, many hospitals are reaching what is called "surge capacity". Surge capacity is the ability to handle a sudden and dramatic increase in the number of patients needing immediate care. This is happening because there are more patients seeking out emergency care, and they are staying in the hospital longer. This is leading to a scarcity of hospital beds and available staff.  . . . . . .  Peak flu season is still to come. Flu season typically begins in October and can run as late as the following May. February is peak flu season. This month historically sees the most cases of flu or influenza-like illnesses.

Stay away from enclosed populations with influenza if possible. These can include hospitals, nursing homes, schools, shopping centers, college dormitories, gyms, locker rooms, and anywhere else large numbers of people gather where the air is recirculated.

If you are visiting someone who is in a care facility, do not bring young children or aging parents. They are more at risk than the rest of the population.

Wash your hands frequently with soap. Soap provides friction which helps to remove pathogens from your hands.

Stop touching your face. I know this one is hard, but we don't need to give the flu any help infecting us.

Take extra good care of your immune system. You will need to fight the flu! Get plenty of rest. Avoid unhealthy foods. Stay hydrated. Avoid smoking. Here is a great article from Harvard with ideas to support healthy immune function and one from this website about reducing your risk of catching the flu.

Telecommute to work if possible.

Disinfect things like doorknobs, handles, phones, and anything that multiple people touch throughout the day.

The flu has an incubation period of 1-4 days before symptoms show, and is contagious a day before symptoms are obvious.

Tidiness, clean linens, and fresh air help prevent the spread of germs before symptoms appear.

If someone at home gets the flu, have them sleep separately, in a room by themselves. Keep your towels separate and your toothbrushes away from the sick person's items.

This one is deadly
This virus has the potential to be the worst we've seen in a century. You need to take every precaution to keep your family healthy and if someone does get sick, don't take any risks. Seek medical attention.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

StevenS

Vaccine Industry in Panic Mode as Vaccinated Children Keep Dying From The Flu All Across America

This article lists 10 things we can do to prevent the flu especially to our children. I recommend NaturalNews for its truthful reporting and good information. URL at the end of the list.

The ten list:

10 ways to save your life and avoid the flu

1-Avoid the flu shot. It doesn't work and weakens your immune response in subsequent years, according to the latest science. (See Vaccines.news)

2-Wash your hands, especially after interacting with other people who might carry influenza.

3-Avoid chronic stress. This also weakens your immune system.

4-Get plenty of sleep. Your body's immune system rejuvenates itself while you sleep.

5-Avoid highly strenuous exercise. Pushing your exercise too far can make you vulnerable to infections until you recover from the exercise stress.

6-Boost your intake of vitamin D and vitamin C. Vitamin D is fat soluble and goes best with dietary fat sources. Consider 4000 IU – 10,000 IU per day during the flu season, but check with your holistic health practitioner to be certain what's right for you. Vitamin C is water soluble and can be consumed in surprisingly large amounts of up to 25,000 mg per day, to the tolerance of your gut. (If you overdose, you'll have loose stools.) Look for non-GMO vitamin C if you can find it.

7-Make sure you're getting plenty of zinc, a trace mineral that helps block influenza viruses from invading your body.

8-Consider immune-boosting or adaptogenic herbs such as ashwagandha, licorice root, ginger, garlic, turmeric and echinacea. Read Herbs.news for more news coverage of herbal remedies.

9-Drink plenty of water to stay fully hydrated. Ginger tea is also a highly recommended beverage, but avoid cold drinks and sodas. See Six Immune-Building Foods And Herbs You Need To Consume To Stay Healthy.

10-Read Health.news for daily updates on health enhancing herbs, supplements, lifestyle habits and superfoods.

Finally, don't believe the lying media which is 100% beholden to the pharmaceutical industry. In exactly the same way the media refuses to report the truth about the FISA warrant memo or the #UraniumOne scandal, the media will never voluntarily tell you how to beat the flu without resorting to Big Pharma's toxic injections or medications.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-01-28-vaccine-industry-in-panic-mode-as-vaccinated-children-keep-dying-from-the-flu-all-across-america.html

OCLittleFlower

If you're a young(ish) adult or older kid in relatively good health, don't worry too much.

Some of this is panic mongering to sell vaccines, especially when you consider how large the total population of the US is.  We take no special precautions except avoiding the homes of sick people, never get the flu.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dymphna17

Quote from: Heinrich on January 30, 2018, 05:27:41 PM
Isn't it mostly illegal aliens?

That's an interesting question, Heinrich.  I wonder if there are any stats out exclusively about illegals?  I know that they are the most to seek treatment in an ER setting, but that may skew any real results.  I'll go do some digging around.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica