It's 4:00 AM And All Is Well

Started by dymphna17, October 11, 2016, 03:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 27, 2016, 03:08:07 PM
I would like to wake up at 5 am everyday. I love the serenity and bliss of morning hours.

So, are you saying that you usually get up at 4 but would like to get up at 5?  No gumption for the end of the night?  Surely you aren't telling a 4 o'clocker that 5 is better.  What exactly are you saying here?   :skeptical:

;)   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

martin88nyc

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 27, 2016, 03:45:05 PM
I would like to wake up at 5 am everyday. I love the serenity and bliss of morning hours.

So, are you saying that you usually get up at 4 but would like to get up at 5?  No gumption for the end of the night?  Surely you aren't telling a 4 o'clocker that 5 is better.  What exactly are you saying here?   :skeptical:

;)   8)
Oh no no no, I am a bum, a lazy bum  :) I usually wake up around 10 or 11 but I would like to wake up at 5
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

Mornin' Red.  It's about time to make the donuts, isn't it?  Sleep good?  I just did a perimeter check and aside from a couple of thousand spiders headed towards Jayne's house, we're good.  I'm getting the flame thrower now, be back in a sec.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

red solo cup

dymphna17

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 27, 2016, 05:55:21 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 27, 2016, 03:45:05 PM

;)   8)
Oh no no no, I am a bum, a lazy bum  :) I usually wake up around 10 or 11 but I would like to wake up at 5

What time do you go to bed?  I usually get to sleep around 7 or 8 am and sleep till noon.  That does not a lazy bum make.  Do you want me to stop by your room and bang on the door at 5?
?

ABlaine

Wow you guys wake up early. I've been trying for the last few weeks to get to waking up at 5 but 630 is the best I'm doing right now.

It's nice getting everything done before others have even woken up yet.

edit - errant apostrophe

dymphna17

Quote from: ABlaine on October 28, 2016, 04:33:12 AM
Wow you guy's wake up early. I've been trying for the last few weeks to get to waking up at 5 but 630 is the best I'm doing right now.

It's nice getting everything done before others have even woken up yet.

I agree that getting everything done before someone can come along and mess it up right away is definitely a plus for early rising.  For me though, I usually haven't been to sleep yet.  Just my weird nocturnal clock.  That's why one of the best jobs I've ever had was as a security supervisor.  I was not one of the people the company had to worry about falling asleep at my post.   :lol:  :beer:
?

martin88nyc

What time do you go to bed?  I usually get to sleep around 7 or 8 am and sleep till noon.  That does not a lazy bum make.  Do you want me to stop by your room and bang on the door at 5?
For the past few months now I usually go around 1AM. Read this article  about health effects of going to sleep past 12 midnight:
http://www.medicaldaily.com/7-health-consequences-going-bed-past-midnight-247247
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Martin, my friend Dymphna, has been staying up all night almost her whole life. The effectso of staying up past midnight can't be all that bad. Look at her. She looks healthy and pretty, at least in her black and white picture. She could have a green tint and we wouldn't know, would we? Anyway, she seems to revel in her all nighters. Plus, I feel more secure with her as sentry. Dymphna, don't go banging on people's doors. That is a sure way to create grumpy waker uppers.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

JubilateDeo

I'd love to as well.  The only issue is that my kids would probably wake up at that hour too.  Every attempt I make at getting up an hour before the kids is usually thwarted by the kids waking up an hour earlier because they hear me up!

Carleendiane

Quote from: JubilateDeo on October 28, 2016, 12:32:51 PM

I'd love to as well.  The only issue is that my kids would probably wake up at that hour too.  Every attempt I make at getting up an hour before the kids is usually thwarted by the kids waking up an hour earlier because they hear me up!

Jubilate, it's radar. They are born with them. They pick up on movement and respond. Tell them to stay in bed or you will make them eat dirt for breakfast.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 28, 2016, 12:31:22 PM
Martin, my friend Dymphna, has been staying up all night almost her whole life. The effectso of staying up past midnight can't be all that bad. Look at her. She looks healthy and pretty, at least in her black and white picture. She could have a green tint and we wouldn't know, would we? Anyway, she seems to revel in her all nighters. Plus, I feel more secure with her as sentry. Dymphna, don't go banging on people's doors. That is a sure way to create grumpy waker uppers.
Cannot disagree, she's the prettiest angel I have seen so far.  ;)

dymphna17

Awww, you all had better stop.  You've got me blushing.  I won't bang on anyone's door.  You are right, we don't want any grumpy waker uppers.  Just trying to help.   :grouphug:   8)
?

red solo cup