It's 4:00 AM And All Is Well

Started by dymphna17, October 11, 2016, 03:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Divinum officium has it.  Bottom section, pre divinu afflatu (spelling)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Carleendiane

All is not well, Dymphna, not if you're up at 4.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

OK guys. This has got to stop. You're putting the skids on go to bed and good morning. You don't go to bed on time and you probably sleep in. Geesh.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

My Guardian Angel says that it's OK cuz I have A.L.O.T. of time in Purgatory (provided I still have skin on my teeth to use when I get there) to work off.  It's very sweet of you to be concerned.  Everybody I know wants you as a friend.   ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 16, 2016, 08:12:51 PM
My Guardian Angel says that it's OK cuz I have A.L.O.T. of time in Purgatory (provided I still have skin on my teeth to use when I get there) to work off.  It's very sweet of you to be concerned.  Everybody I know wants you as a friend.   ;)

I doubt that! But a nice thought.

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, why were you up at 4am? Was baby up?  Discipline is needed here. Show him who is boss.

dymphna17

This poor neglected thread.  It's alright, I'm back.  I'll keep watch over all my sleeping people.  That's right, breathe softly, let no troubles reach your dreams (ahem, Martin, you got that?).
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 26, 2016, 03:08:21 AM
This poor neglected thread.  It's alright, I'm back.  I'll keep watch over all my sleeping people.  That's right, breathe softly, let no troubles reach your dreams (ahem, Martin, you got that?).

Dymphna, my friend, please try to get some good sleep tonight. I have enough to worry about. If you are reading this at 4 you're not sleeping. I did think it was nice of you to watch over everyone. But you need to take care of dymphna. Have you tried melatonin? I've been finding it useful. Ta-Ta for now. See you at the coffee pot.

dymphna17

Don't worry about me Sweet Carleen.  I've been unable to sleep since I was about 4 yo.  My doctors don't even know what all I take to get to sleep.  They would have a cow.  So, since I'm up, I'll do a quick patrol of the area.  No big deal.   ;) 8)
?

red solo cup

I'm a terrible slacker. I slept till 5:OO AM.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 27, 2016, 03:29:12 AM
Don't worry about me Sweet Carleen.  I've been unable to sleep since I was about 4 yo.  My doctors don't even know what all I take to get to sleep.  They would have a cow.  So, since I'm up, I'll do a quick patrol of the area.  No big deal.   ;) 8)

Yeah, I don't sleep all that well either.  Too much working shifts when I was younger. We can be the 400 in the morning sisters.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on October 27, 2016, 05:16:26 AM
I'm a terrible slacker. I slept till 5:OO AM.

No, no, no, no.  This is what happens to slackers (see picture below). No slackering for you!  If you have trouble being here at 4, just don't go to sleep.  The life of a 4 o'clocker is difficult.  Not all are cut out for the special demands and sacrifices.  But you can do it!  You have the metal for it!  Shake off the slack, Night Warrior!  Leave 5 o'clock to the... morning people (shudder).   :lol:   8)

?

dymphna17

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on October 27, 2016, 06:44:42 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 27, 2016, 03:29:12 AM

Yeah, I don't sleep all that well either.  Too much working shifts when I was younger. We can be the 400 in the morning sisters.

I love it!  Not that you don't sleep well, but the 400 in the morning sisters.   :thumbsup:
?

martin88nyc

I would like to wake up at 5 am everyday. I love the serenity and bliss of morning hours.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33