Remember that time JPII prayed for St John the Baptist to protect Islam?

Started by LausTibiChriste, September 18, 2023, 03:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Pepperidge Farms remembers (inb4 dellery says it's just strategy bro)

https://www.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/travels/2000/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_20000321_wadi-al-kharrar.html

QuoteMay Saint John Baptist protect Islam and all the people of Jordan, and all who partecipated in this celebration, a memorable celebration. I'm very grateful to all of you.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dellery

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 18, 2023, 03:44:22 PMPepperidge Farms remembers (inb4 dellery says it's just strategy bro)

https://www.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/travels/2000/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_20000321_wadi-al-kharrar.html

QuoteMay Saint John Baptist protect Islam and all the people of Jordan, and all who partecipated in this celebration, a memorable celebration. I'm very grateful to all of you.

Haha. I love triggering the nerdy Snowflakes on this forum.
Hopefully Heinrich will comment here too, as he seems to enjoy exposing himself as an effeminate weakling at every given opportunity.

When are you two gonna meet up for your encounter??
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Severinus

Why start a new thread just to immediately instigate and derail your own thread? Are you trying to discuss a topic or enlarge a drama? This exchange just makes the forum feel unpleasant and sad to everyone who isn't personally involved in this feud.

dellery

To be accurate it's not really a feud, as they don't especially bother me, which is why I ignore the vast majority of this stuff. There are, however, a few guys on here that have no business posting on a Traditional Catholic forum whatsoever, and that's what I often find troubling.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Melkor

Quote from: Severinus on September 19, 2023, 08:54:33 AMWhy start a new thread just to immediately instigate and derail your own thread? Are you trying to discuss a topic or enlarge a drama? This exchange just makes the forum feel unpleasant and sad to everyone who isn't personally involved in this feud.

Thb the forum wouldn't be the same without dellery and Heinrich constantly engaging in pissing contests.

I think they kinda secretly get along quite well. 😅
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

benedicite

The best protection for Islam would be for them to wake up and follow Christ.

Greg

You mean Saint John Paul II  ;D

Saint John Paul II asked Saint John the Baptist to protect Islam.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

drummerboy

Quote from: Greg on September 19, 2023, 11:50:18 PMYou mean Saint John Paul II  ;D

I would "The GREAT!" and it must be said in tones of awe and reverence.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Jmartyr

Quote from: drummerboy on September 20, 2023, 08:48:19 AM
Quote from: Greg on September 19, 2023, 11:50:18 PMYou mean Saint John Paul II  ;D

I say JPII did much more damage to the Church compared to Francis. It was under the guise of holiness..
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Jmartyr on September 20, 2023, 02:22:22 PM
Quote from: drummerboy on September 20, 2023, 08:48:19 AM

I say JPII did much more damage to the Church compared to Francis. It was under the guise of holiness..

You ain't wrong but I'd argue Benedict even more because it was under the guise of "traditional" holiness
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Greg

Francis has actually started to fixed the church.  His apostasy is so clear that it has forced people off the fence.

My church in Chislehurst is a good example.  There are lots of young families there where the conservative Mum and Dad had ditched the new mass and all the bullshit.  Those attract more families.  The only downside is that mass is noisy.  There are babies everywhere
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

clau clau

Quote from: Greg on September 21, 2023, 01:14:12 AMFrancis has actually started to fixed the church.  His apostasy is so clear that it has forced people off the fence.

My church in Chislehurst is a good example.  There are lots of young families there where the conservative Mum and Dad had ditched the new mass and all the bullshit.  Those attract more families.  The only downside is that mass is noisy.  There are babies everywhere

The SSPX in Burgclere was really crowded on Sunday for the 7.30am low Mass. The number have been gradually increasing. I couldn't get a seat. I did not see the numbers at the sun 9am Mass though (as it is possible there were less people).
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Greg

Would seem strange that there were more at 7.30am than 9.

Who wants to get up that early?

I like Mass at 11am.  Get out of bed at 9

Mirantus

Quote from: Greg on October 03, 2023, 01:40:37 AMWould seem strange that there were more at 7.30am than 9.

Who wants to get up that early?

I like Mass at 11am.  Get out of bed at 9

Easier with small children to go to early morning Sunday Mass.

Greg