At least one more year!

Started by Kaesekopf, December 25, 2019, 10:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Paid the bill for at least one more year of this place. 

Let's see if I can drum up activity, both on my end and others'!  :)

Also, happy early anniversary.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 25, 2019, 10:40:41 PM
Paid the bill for at least one more year of this place. 

Let's see if I can drum up activity, both on my end and others'!  :)

Also, happy early anniversary.
Thanks Kaesekopf, I sure spend a lot of time here and enjoy it. Your contributions are always welcome.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

Chef, you keep saying you are going to pick up your pace, but you don't.

Thanks for forum.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

Has it been eight seven(?) years? Amazing!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Non Nobis

Kaesekopf's welcoming post:

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 26, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
Hello there!

Welcome to our lovely forum, Suscipe Domine.  As you can tell, Suscipe Domine is in its infancy. As such, we highly encourage you to help S.D. grow by leaps and bounds. Feel free to advertise the existence of this forum to your friends (or enemies!). Also, feel free to post as often as you would like. 

Please bear with me, though, over the next week. I will be finalizing a color scheme and forum layout/design.

If there are any kinks in the end-user experience, please let me know! PM me or email me at suscipe[dot]domine[dot]forum[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you!

Thank you for starting us and keeping us going, Kaesekopf!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

awkwardcustomer

Many thanks, Kaesekopf.

SD is THE forum....

God bless.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Prayerful

Thank you for keeping this comfy place going.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

After checking local news, I come here to see how my friends are doing. I really like it.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Non Nobis

I would be curious to know in what different ways people find the forum "comfy" (or do not). I guess there is the fact that despite all our differences we are more like each  other than like 99% of the world. One becomes more comfortable with anything over time - but hopefully especially with little things that are good and (even if trifles in themselves) dedicated to God (posting in "Suscipe Domine"). Not that we always live up to that.

(Comfy dogs and comfy cats are hopefully all allowed and try to get along!)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!