Finally found decaf coffee that tastes decent

Started by Bernadette, March 14, 2024, 07:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I've switched to decaf coffee (except for first thing in the morning) and I really don't miss my old coffee at all. I drink Peet's dark roast Major Dickinson's blend, brewed on the bold setting, double strength over ice. This is the only decaf coffee I've ever tried that tastes decent, let alone good. Most decaf coffee is garbage, in my experience. I'm trying out a bag of Community Coffee (from Louisiana) decaf in this next grocery run, to compare the two. Now to find a decent decaf tea. @Greg, any suggestions? We drink PG Tips normally.
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Not really experience with decaf. If I stopped drinking caffeinated I would just switch to herbal tea or Marmite melted in hot-water.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Bernadette

Thanks. I'll try the decaf PG Tips. I see Amazon carries it now.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

We switched to decaf for Lent and have been using Marks & Spencer's brand, which is fantastic..I can even drink it black.

I'm lucky in that for some reason I don't get addicted to caffeine. Usually, I drink a few cups in the morning or peppermint tea in the evenings but I can drop coffee instantly if need be.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

I was drinking Pero ersatz coffee after I cut all caffeine.  It tasted good at first buy after a while it seemed to me to have a strange fruity taste, like you get from bad black coffee.  I just drink herbal tea now, I'll blend mint and chamomile together.  If I want something stronger I'll make cocoa with standard Dutch baking cocoa, one TBSP per cup.  Only has 8-12 mg of caffeine so no worries there.  It doesn't need sugar or milk.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

I haven't noticed any side effects from limiting my caffeine intake, thank goodness, only benefit.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

]
Quote from: drummerboy on March 14, 2024, 09:01:23 AMIf I want something stronger I'll make cocoa with standard Dutch baking cocoa, one TBSP per cup.  Only has 8-12 mg of caffeine so no worries there.  It doesn't need sugar or milk.
You drink the unsweetened stuff? I can't do that. Have to have some sugar in my cocoa.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on March 14, 2024, 02:37:44 PM]
Quote from: drummerboy on March 14, 2024, 09:01:23 AMIf I want something stronger I'll make cocoa with standard Dutch baking cocoa, one TBSP per cup.  Only has 8-12 mg of caffeine so no worries there.  It doesn't need sugar or milk.
You drink the unsweetened stuff? I can't do that. Have to have some sugar in my cocoa.

I'm a former black coffee drinker, so I like the bitterness!

Bernadette

The Community Coffee decaf is excellent, even better than the Peet's. Cheaper, too.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

I tried cocoa made with water, and it's not bad.
My Lord and my God.

drummerboy

Quote from: Bernadette on March 15, 2024, 08:40:43 AMI tried cocoa made with water, and it's not bad.

Nope, it ain't, not the most exciting either but it passes, doesn't break the Lent fast either.  I find it helps, when mixing it, to do roughly equal amounts of cocoa and water first, mix, then add the remaining water.

Bonaventure

Peet's is good.

Also, Blue Bottle or Philz.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."