What I expect in the Diocesan Church.

Started by WalkingWounded, December 06, 2022, 07:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Goldfinch on December 06, 2022, 03:36:37 PM
I should add that the use of the pope's surname (Pope Bergoglio, Pope Ratzinger, Pope Wojtyla, etc.) is perfectly acceptable in Europe, for instance.

Yeah, that's a big motivator for why I permit the practice.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Elizabeth

Good - and there is zero reason to bother with disrespect - we don't want to be like him.

Polymath

Quote from: WalkingWounded on December 06, 2022, 10:22:14 AM
Quote from: Melkite on December 06, 2022, 09:38:56 AM
This is the uncomfortable grey zone for me.  The Church isn't perfect.  I don't know where the red line in the sand is, where the Church can edge close up to it enough to still legitimately be the Church, and where it crosses over it must mean it cannot be the Church, and perhaps never was.

I think it is a fact that the Church in the modern era is avoiding exactly that clarity necessary for us to know. 

I try to turn that around on them. Until and unless they make definitive, clear, binding statements to the contrary, I will continue to assist at whatever masses I choose, support whomever I choose, use the catechism I choose, vote for whomever I choose - all while happily calling myself a loyal Catholic in complete communion with Rome.

Thank you so much for this.  I found it so helpful.