French Priest suspended by bishop for preaching against abortion

Started by james03, November 28, 2022, 04:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

QuoteIn an Armistice Day (November 11) homily in a parish church in the small town of Bertrimoutier, Father François Schneider affirmed that "abortion has caused more deaths in the world than the Great War," a statement that provoked consternation and a stern rebuke from his local bishop.

The priest went on to suggest that French politicians should "take example" from Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán, who has made "courageous decisions against abortion."

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2022/11/28/french-priest-sanctioned-for-saying-abortion-has-more-victims-than-world-war-i/
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Acolyte

It's all getting worse since Francis stacked the deck with his Cardinals.

They have the numbers and now the infiltrators don't even have to hide it any longer.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Goldfinch

The priest's comments on abortion occurred just as France is contemplating inserting a right to abortion in the national constitution.

There you go.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

Polymath

Abortion has more victims than all wars in history.  There are over 1,650 million dead since 1980, not counting embryos killed in experiments or by abortifacient pills euphemistically called "birth control pills."  World War III is going on, and it's against the unborn.

Jmartyr

"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.