They No Longer Believe in the Devil

Started by Vox Clara, November 29, 2022, 10:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vox Clara

They No Longer Believe in the Devil

NOVEMBER 28, 2022
SOURCE: FSSPX.NEWS

St. Wolfgang and the Devil

Many priests and bishops no longer believe in the devil, which is obviously the best possible camouflage for the latter. If he does not exist, why fight against him? Why guard against him? And finally, is there a hell? For hell is the place where the rebellious angels were thrown after their sin, and where the damned are punished for eternity.

As we can see, a number of truths, some of which are dogmas, are being upset or rejected by the refusal to believe in the existence of fallen angels, those who refused to obey God, and whom Holy Scripture calls demons.

The devil manifests himself in an ordinary and daily way by the temptations which he inflicts on souls to make them commit sins. Certainly, our own lust, disordered by original sin, is also an important source of our temptations and our sins, as well as the world, in other words evil men, who do the work of evil and the devil here below.

But the devil also manifests himself in an extraordinary way, much more rare, through physical attacks against men. These manifestations can take several forms, including external by attaching themselves to the objects around us. These are called infestations. There are also internal manifestations which take the form of attacking our psyche in a minor way, called obsession. The last type is interior, which is much deeper. The devil can act directly on our bodies, without however being able to occupy the heart of our soul, this is called possession.

Our Lord Jesus Christ has entrusted power to His Church to fight against these three modes of action of the devil. This power is given through the ministry of exorcism, and every priest possesses it. But Church discipline has restricted the exercise of this power to certain priests, usually one per diocese, who is entrusted with the task of fighting against the devil in these extraordinary manifestations.

This is for reasons of caution, as well as experience.

Bishop Bonnemain Abolishes the Post of Exorcist

The Bishop of Chur, Joseph Bonnemain, who has medical training, does not intend to appoint a new exorcist in Chur. The former exorcist of the diocese died in February 2020 at the age of 76. His activity had made him known beyond the borders of the diocese. In 2008, he participated in a debate on exorcism on the program Club on German-speaking Swiss television.

The bishop of Chur is convinced "that it is not necessary to seek to find mysterious causes" for the alleged cases of demonic possessions. This is why he does not intend to appoint a new exorcist for his diocese.

"We are all human beings who carry strengths and weaknesses within us," he noted on the regional radio channel SRF Ostschweiz. "Anyone facing difficult social, professional or health situations can seek treatment," he added. "There are classic solutions for this: medical, psychological, psychotherapeutic."

Certainly, one should not "see the devil everywhere," but to refuse even the idea of ??demonic possession or obsession amounts to denying, purely and simply, the existence of the devil.

With this, the faithful of the diocese of Chur have a good shepherd who explains to them that there is nothing to fear, since the enemy of their souls does not exist. It is the triumph of Satan.

Jmartyr

"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

EastWest7

awkward customer

'The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.'

Quote from the 1995 film 'The Usual Suspects'.

Julio

During the time that I was not so attentive of my faith, I thought of the inexistence of the devil. The idea of staying far away from God was my line of thought about the disobedience of His will and that was an invention of modern thinkers. I thought that was savvy.