Happy BIRTHDAY GREG #50! Many Blessings going your way!

Started by Christe Eleison, September 13, 2018, 05:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Gardener on September 18, 2018, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 16, 2018, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: Gardener on September 13, 2018, 08:02:49 PM
Quote from: Larry on September 13, 2018, 07:45:29 PM
Happy Birthday, Mr. Greg, wherever you are!

He's pelting 6 year olds in the face with frozen water balloons.

#Legend

Thanks for your post, Gardener :)
But I do NOT believe the water balloons were frozen, because that would hurt, ouch  ;)
I was reading about his birthday with my nieces & nephews next to me,
and they wanted to be there so they could get soaked as well, LOL

It must have been so much fun  ;D

Happy Birthday Greg!

Do you remember the cartoon, The Far Side?

There was one where a kid was laying on the ground surrounded by other kids. The caption read, "No one ever forgot Timmy or the new rule, no freezing your water balloons."

LOL  ;) Thanks for the laugh, Gardener. I had forgotten about that.

Happy Birthday, GREG!  :cheeseheadbeer:

Christe Eleison

:thumbsup:

Quote from: Pon de Replay on September 18, 2018, 11:20:45 AM
Happy belated birthday to user emeritus Greg.  I didn't realize his water balloon story took place at his own birthday party.  He did seem to have a genuine appreciation of kids.  Clearly that was part of why he bristled so churlishly against the "Professor Plinio" gnostics; he always said that if they would just spend some quality time with children instead of polishing their shoes and praying the Rosary then he might consider cutting them some slack.  He never cared for pious singletons repulsed by sex and marriage, but I've come to consider the Plinio de Corrêarists to be probably the best so-called "splinter group" in traditional Catholicism, so I'll disagree with him on that one.  He saw them as having Brideshead Revisited-inspired pretensions to nobility.  He once wondered how they might prepare for an apocalypse: "they must be stocking up on shoe polish and ascots."

Thanks for your post, Pon de Replay  :thumbsup: Thanks for coming to Greg's Birthday party  ;D

His water balloon Birthday party was definitely memorable! And yes, I believe that he loves children. He spends time with them & enjoys their company.
I think it is awesome how he spent some time visiting an orphanage & played with the children there, priceless!

"I had a water bomb fight with 30 children at my birthday party.

400 water balloons."

:cheer:

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 22, 2018, 08:42:44 AMThanks for your post, Pon de Replay  :thumbsup: Thanks for coming to Greg's Birthday party  ;D

His water balloon Birthday party was definitely memorable! And yes, I believe that he loves children. He spends time with them & enjoys their company.
I think it is awesome how he spent some time visiting an orphanage & played with the children there, priceless!

400 water balloons."

Yeah, and the following post where he shared some more details on his "birthday party water balloon fight" cracked me up (and still does  ;D):

Quote from: Greg on September 05, 2018, 06:12:46 PMIt was fun.  The trouble was that just as I was about to clobber a snotty teenager, (I was aiming for the big kids, I got soaked myself and it affected my aim.  None of the adults joined in.  Too boring).  I hate adults, they are dull.

I had 4 or 5 near misses and a I got really frustrated that I wasn't hitting anyone.

A cute little 6 year old boy ran past me and I very deliberately smashed one water-balloon into the back of his head neck from about 8 feet away.  His t-shirt was soaked.  It was a cheap shot.

I felt a little bit guilty afterwards.  He was cool about it, didn't cry.

I came away completely soaking.  I got annihilated.

I now have a little bit of sympathy for Hilter and his V2 program.  When you are losing badly it is cathartic to take vengeance on anyone.  It feels good.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Vetus Ordo

Thou wilt be missed, Greg.

Happy birthday! All the best.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on September 23, 2018, 11:17:38 AM
Quote from: Christe Eleison on September 22, 2018, 08:42:44 AMThanks for your post, Pon de Replay  :thumbsup: Thanks for coming to Greg's Birthday party  ;D

400 water balloons."

Yeah, and the following post where he shared some more details on his "birthday party water balloon fight" cracked me up (and still does  ;D):

Quote from: Greg on September 05, 2018, 06:12:46 PMIt was fun.  The trouble was that just as I was about to clobber a snotty teenager, (I was aiming for the big kids, I got soaked myself and it affected my aim.  None of the adults joined in.  Too boring).  I hate adults, they are dull.

I had 4 or 5 near misses and a I got really frustrated that I wasn't hitting anyone.

A cute little 6 year old boy ran past me and I very deliberately smashed one water-balloon into the back of his head neck from about 8 feet away.  His t-shirt was soaked.  It was a cheap shot.

I felt a little bit guilty afterwards.  He was cool about it, didn't cry.

I came away completely soaking.  I got annihilated.

I now have a little bit of sympathy for Hilter and his V2 program.  When you are losing badly it is cathartic to take vengeance on anyone.  It feels good.

Dear Lydia P.
Thanks for coming to Greg's Birthday party :cheer: Great to see you here! Pull up a chair & have some cake with tea  :coffee: or coffee ;)
And thanks for posting about the Balloon event in detail. I tried to, but somehow I kept getting the entire page, the cut & paste is not working properly  :(

I wanted to post that because I believe that Pon de Replay would have really enjoyed seeing the part
where Greg mentioned a "snotty teenager". I believe that Pon de Replay is not too fond of teenagers, LOL  ;D

Anyway, the entire party/comment cracks me up as well  :laugh: Thanks for stopping by  ;D

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Greg. And many more! ;D

Christe Eleison

:thumbsup:

Quote from: Gardener on September 24, 2018, 12:59:51 AM
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/GXIHpPB.mp4[/gifv]

Awesome! :thumbsup: The look on the woman's face, LOL!  Thanks, Gardener!  :)

Happy Happy Birthday, GREG!!  :cheer:

:pray3:

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on September 24, 2018, 05:06:11 PM
Thou wilt be missed, Greg.

Happy birthday! All the best.

Dear Vetus Ordo,
Thanks for coming to Greg's Birthday party  :cheer: And for your lovely post  :thumbsup: God bless you.

And yes, I agree with you, a lot of us miss Greg around here....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #50 & MANY BLESSINGS, GREG!! :)

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Stu Cool on September 16, 2018, 06:38:12 PM
He probably blew up half of England with fireworks.  Happy Birthday.

Dear Stu Cool,
Thanks for coming to GREG'S Birthday party  :cheer:
Blowing up half of England with fireworks, seems about right, huh?  ;) It was a huge water balloon fight, with lots of children  :thumbsup:

Great to see you here, thanks! Take good care.