Rosary repair?

Started by Bernadette, November 15, 2023, 10:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I need my huge MOP rosary re-linked, crucifix and center replaced, and a broken bead replaced. Sistersofcarmel isn't accepting repair work, and the other place I contacted never got back to me. Any suggestions? Thanks, all.
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

I found at least three different stores on Etsy that offer rosary repair.  Can't vouch for them but.....
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on November 15, 2023, 01:46:59 PMI found at least three different stores on Etsy that offer rosary repair.  Can't vouch for them but.....
Yes, I found one that looks promising.
My Lord and my God.

Acolyte

Also call local parishes to see if they have a rosary making group. Someone from one of those groups can repair it.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Bernadette

I reached out to an acquaintance who makes rosaries, and he has agreed to repair it for me.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

The rosary is finished, and should be on its way home by the start of next week. I'll post pictures of it when it arrives. It looks amazing. I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.
My Lord and my God.

Miriam_M

That's good because I'm desperate for a whole rosary.  All of my own are broken.  Tired of buying them, only for them all to break.  I'm not interested in buying "sturdy" rosaries that are also ugly in color and design.  I just need a rosary that is not susceptible to breaking easily, and I'm fussy about the aesthetics.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Miriam_M on January 07, 2024, 01:53:49 AMThat's good because I'm desperate for a whole rosary.  All of my own are broken.  Tired of buying them, only for them all to break.  I'm not interested in buying "sturdy" rosaries that are also ugly in color and design.  I just need a rosary that is not susceptible to breaking easily, and I'm fussy about the aesthetics.

How do yours break?

I think mine would probably break if I kept them in my pocket or bag unprotected.  But I use a little leather pouch that keeps them from getting snagged on keys and other items, and that seems to work.
this page left intentionally blank

Miriam_M

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on January 07, 2024, 06:17:51 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on January 07, 2024, 01:53:49 AMThat's good because I'm desperate for a whole rosary.  All of my own are broken.  Tired of buying them, only for them all to break.  I'm not interested in buying "sturdy" rosaries that are also ugly in color and design.  I just need a rosary that is not susceptible to breaking easily, and I'm fussy about the aesthetics.

How do yours break?

I think mine would probably break if I kept them in my pocket or bag unprotected.  But I use a little leather pouch that keeps them from getting snagged on keys and other items, and that seems to work.

I use both a velvet pouch and a nylon pouch.  Doesn't matter; they still break.  I don't think I'm that hard on them, either.

Bernadette

Have you tried a handmade rosary, Miriam? I've heard that handmade ones with handmade links are more durable than ones with premade links. Not sure if that's true, though. Just thought I'd mention it.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Here it is! I'm so pleased with how it turned out!

https://imgur.com/a/wU3yx1o
My Lord and my God.

Michael Wilson

Cord Rosaries are not as beautiful as the metal ones, but they last a whole lot longer; even forever if you make them out of paracord.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

moneil

These may not meet some peoples "aesthetic standard" (I think they are very attractive), but they are very durable: ruggedrosaries.com

When I carry a chain link rosary I keep it in a pouch and I rarely have an issue.  Keeping it in my backpack or a suit or jacket pocket works better than in the pants pocket.

There are parishes that have a rosary making group (I'm surprised these groups aren't more common at traditionalist chapels).