Welsh

Started by LuxVera, June 17, 2020, 11:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuxVera

Any Welsh speakers here? I'm just beginning to teach myself and learn.
"Keep innocency, and take heed unto the thing that is right: for that shall bring a man peace at the last."  -Psalm 37:38, Coverdale Psalter

Ephesians6-12

I lived in Wales for a few years, and learned a few phrases. It's a very difficult language to learn, and is one of the oldest in Europe, I believe.

I came across a pleasant Welsh song recently, written and performed by an actor from Game of Thrones.

Good luck.

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: LuxVera on June 17, 2020, 11:49:04 AM
Any Welsh speakers here? I'm just beginning to teach myself and learn.

I am surprised you are not learning Parseltongue. LOL.....just jk. Good luck with the Welsh, I am a good bit Welsh by blood, by I do not speak the language at all.

idipsum

Dwi wedi bod yn siarad Cymraeg ers erstalwm.

I have been speaking Welsh for a long time.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: idipsum on September 20, 2020, 04:21:02 PM

I didn't even know that you were a member of the forum!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

idipsum

Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 20, 2020, 05:36:12 PM
Quote from: idipsum on September 20, 2020, 04:21:02 PM

I didn't even know that you were a member of the forum!

Yes, although not very active😅

drummerboy

Isn't the native language of Cornwall similar to Welsh?
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

dueSicilie

Quote from: drummerboy on September 29, 2020, 12:05:14 AM

Yes it is, although alas Cornish is extinct in natural spoken form. Manx which has a few native speakers is also in the family. Out of the British Celtic tongues welsh is by far the most prolific. And I mean Brythonic not Gaelic.

Optatus

Quote from: dueSicilie on September 29, 2020, 11:07:20 AM
Quote from: drummerboy on September 29, 2020, 12:05:14 AM

Yes it is, although alas Cornish is extinct in natural spoken form. Manx which has a few native speakers is also in the family. Out of the British Celtic tongues welsh is by far the most prolific. And I mean Brythonic not Gaelic.

Manx is Goidelic. You may be thinking of Breton, which is certainly more commonly used than Cornish.