False Devotion To Mary (Critical Devotees)

Started by Insanis, May 20, 2021, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Can we change the name of the thread to "False Devotion To Mary (mikemac)"? I'm tired of seeing his unthinking Marianism that gives true devotees to Mary a bad name.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Insanis

Quote from: Gerard on May 22, 2021, 07:13:32 PM
Quote from: Insanis on May 21, 2021, 12:18:54 PM

Gerard and the other were lumped together in the post, but Gerard is also joining in the other claim.

Am I?  I find it annoying when I'm the last to know what I believe. 

I'm guessing I posted on a de Montford thread and that constitutes "joining in the other claim." 

I haven't read de Montford, I can guarantee you that I'm not qualified to render judgment on his works. 

With that said, I can also fully state that they can be explored with a skeptic's eye and if there are errors, people should know about them. 

Interpret that in whatever twisted way you want, I already know that you are more comfortable inventing your own reality than dealing with the truth.

Refer to the Saint properly: Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort, or any respectful variation.

I am only going by your own words as you present them and defend them.

You say something, and deny others are understanding what you said, even if they just use your own words.

Insanis

Quote from: GiftOfGod on May 22, 2021, 10:45:10 PM
Can we change the name of the thread to "False Devotion To Mary (mikemac)"? I'm tired of seeing his unthinking Marianism that gives true devotees to Mary a bad name.

This is about Critical Devotees, not about all the different kinds of false devotion that the Saint described.

I do not know him, but it is usually best to believe that devotees have a proper purpose in their devotion.

Unless you can identify a contradiction, there is no reason to make such an accusation.

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 23, 2021, 03:17:23 AM
Quote from: Gerard on May 22, 2021, 07:13:32 PM
Quote from: Insanis on May 21, 2021, 12:18:54 PM

Gerard and the other were lumped together in the post, but Gerard is also joining in the other claim.

Am I?  I find it annoying when I'm the last to know what I believe. 

I'm guessing I posted on a de Montford thread and that constitutes "joining in the other claim." 

I haven't read de Montford, I can guarantee you that I'm not qualified to render judgment on his works. 

With that said, I can also fully state that they can be explored with a skeptic's eye and if there are errors, people should know about them. 

Interpret that in whatever twisted way you want, I already know that you are more comfortable inventing your own reality than dealing with the truth.

Refer to the Saint properly: Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort, or any respectful variation.

Oh....about that.  !#$%^ you when it comes to telling me what hoops I have to jump through.  Your phony outrage and narcissism are out of control.

I'll say "Aquinas" "Bonaventure" "The BVM" "Paul" "John the Baptist" and I'll add "saint" if I want to or not. 

QuoteI am only going by your own words as you present them and defend them.

You say something, and deny others are understanding what you said, even if they just use your own words.

No you're not.  I notice you didn't dispute what I wrote. Instead you dodged by going on about how I address "de Montfort" and basically pimped his name out as a tool for your pretend outrage. 

Insanis

Quote from: Gerard on May 23, 2021, 07:50:28 AM
Oh....about that.  !#$%^ you when it comes to telling me what hoops I have to jump through.  Your phony outrage and narcissism are out of control.

I'll say "Aquinas" "Bonaventure" "The BVM" "Paul" "John the Baptist" and I'll add "saint" if I want to or not. 

Intent matters. Sometimes, brevity is proper, but when there is doubt and explicit insult, it is best to keep decorum.

No you're not.  I notice you didn't dispute what I wrote. Instead you dodged by going on about how I address "de Montfort" and basically pimped his name out as a tool for your pretend outrage.

I don't really pay attention to what you write anymore. I am waiting for you to stop insults and accusations and addressing the person, and actually explain yourself as you said you would.

As long as you act like a demon trying to resist an exorcism (personal insults, blasphemies, half-truths, lies, etc), I am not really going to take you seriously other than that it is serious to refute your errors for the sake of others at least.

Stop trying to provoke me. Yes, you can certainly wear me out, but what would be the point of that?

Gerard

Quote from: Insanis on May 23, 2021, 07:56:54 AM

Intent matters. Sometimes, brevity is proper, but when there is doubt and explicit insult, it is best to keep decorum.

No. You're just looking to stir up trouble. 

QuoteI don't really pay attention to what you write anymore.

I don't think you've paid any attention yet.  You are too busy with attacking Straw Man arguments. 

QuoteI am waiting for you to stop insults and accusations and addressing the person, and actually explain yourself as you said you would.

I've addressed far far more of our points than you have answered mine.  So, can the BS if you can.  I doubt you can. 

QuoteAs long as you act like a demon trying to resist an exorcism (personal insults, blasphemies, half-truths, lies, etc),

Right.....all defined by you.  And you cast yourself as the "hero" exorcist. Whew...what an ego.

QuoteI am not really going to take you seriously other than that it is serious to refute your errors for the sake of others at least.

I don't think you're capable of taking me or anyone seriously since you are lost in your delusions. 

I'll keep correcting what you write as I see it.

QuoteStop trying to provoke me. Yes, you can certainly wear me out, but what would be the point of that?

It's not me.  It's the truth that "provokes" you.  You are wearing yourself out fighting the truth.  You keep looking for a new "angle" while I just have to keep focusing on the truth.  No trouble for me, but your endless contorting of the truth is grinding you down. 

Insanis

basically pimped his name out as a tool for your pretend outrage.

It is interesting you should say this. I am reading a book about a Catholic priest who had extensive experience conducting exorcisms.

He does describe the general behavior of demons when they possess a body: the blasphemy, anger, hatred for all things holy. Some are quiet, and some are expressive. General prayer is the solution to possession, but as it becomes clear what causes them more distress, he says they focus on that. Some can laugh off and mock and insult some things, but other things they cannot stand.

The reason for this is something I won't speculate on, but it is clear that the most powerful weapons against evil are whatever evil finds most unbearable.

And when such a weapon is found, it is used.

If the insults to Our Lord and the Mother of God and all the Popes and bishops cease when a particular saint is invoked, then perhaps one should keep invoking that saint.

God wills it: it is good to do. Whether it is to remind us to study them more, or to honour what they stood for, and maybe there is a more personal connection, any saint which drives evil out is to be invoked.

The more a demon is forced to reveal itself, the closer one can be to driving it out and the less power it has.

All because of the power of God Alone.

Now, what does this have to do with you or even this topic? I just found it interesting and wanted to share it.

Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort, Pray For Us

Gerard

What's the name of the book?  Who is the exorcist?

Of course the devil gets outraged moreso than normally when his plans are flustered.  So, if he's been planning something a long time when it begins to crumble, he just might send out his minions to "fight like the devil" to stop the exposure. 

Interesting.

That might explain your flailing about trying to stop (not refute) a conversation that has been going on here for years now. 

When we had the big discussion on whether the Novus Ordo was demonic in origin, nobody pro or con was as frantic and desperate as you are to shut this topic down. 

And that was dealing with a liturgy of the Church.   

I think it was a Spanish exorcist in a book I had that said that demons will attach themselves to people's personal spiritual and emotional wounds.  Maybe you've got an attachment like that, that is pushing you in all sorts of chaotic directions. 

I'll say a pray for you at Mass today.  No joke in that. 

Insanis

Quote from: Gerard on May 23, 2021, 08:27:57 AM
What's the name of the book?  Who is the exorcist?

It is by a Catholic priest.

That might explain your flailing about trying to stop (not refute) a conversation that has been going on here for years now. 

It isn't a conversation if it is just you making claims, and people trying to argue against it until they give up.

QuoteWhen we had the big discussion on whether the Novus Ordo was demonic in origin, nobody pro or con was as frantic and desperate as you are to shut this topic down. 

Because no Catholic disputes Our Lady of Fatima.

And that was dealing with a liturgy of the Church.   
One can make the argument that there was a demonic attempt to dilute or harm the liturgy and promote errors in those who used it as an excuse to do whatever they wanted under its name.

QuoteI think it was a Spanish exorcist in a book I had that said that demons will attach themselves to people's personal spiritual and emotional wounds.  Maybe you've got an attachment like that, that is pushing you in all sorts of chaotic directions. 

Do you ever do anything else but use other people's observations and words and just apply them to the speaker?

You do this for everything when it makes no sense.

Miriam_M

Birdie

The only Catholic I've ever met who had a problem with St Louis we Montfort's writings was a priest who said they didn't appeal to Protestants enough. Since they weren't written for Protestants, I ignored him. A group of us at the Catholic college I went to did the preparation together, and made our consecration during Mass. I was also enrolled in the Brown Scapular then, too.
My Lord and my God.

Miriam_M

Miriam_M

Elizabeth.2

Miriam, I listen and pray along with Harpa Dei almost every day!!!

Officium Angelorum.  I was wanting to start a thread about them.

mikemac

Quote from: Insanis on May 23, 2021, 08:08:01 AM
basically pimped his name out as a tool for your pretend outrage.

It is interesting you should say this. I am reading a book about a Catholic priest who had extensive experience conducting exorcisms.

He does describe the general behavior of demons when they possess a body: the blasphemy, anger, hatred for all things holy. Some are quiet, and some are expressive. General prayer is the solution to possession, but as it becomes clear what causes them more distress, he says they focus on that. Some can laugh off and mock and insult some things, but other things they cannot stand.

The reason for this is something I won't speculate on, but it is clear that the most powerful weapons against evil are whatever evil finds most unbearable.

And when such a weapon is found, it is used.

If the insults to Our Lord and the Mother of God and all the Popes and bishops cease when a particular saint is invoked, then perhaps one should keep invoking that saint.

God wills it: it is good to do. Whether it is to remind us to study them more, or to honour what they stood for, and maybe there is a more personal connection, any saint which drives evil out is to be invoked.

The more a demon is forced to reveal itself, the closer one can be to driving it out and the less power it has.

All because of the power of God Alone.

Now, what does this have to do with you or even this topic? I just found it interesting and wanted to share it.

Saint Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort, Pray For Us

From a PM from a friend about a week ago.

QuoteTo call it mental would be kind.  It comes across as a spiritual problem to me -- haughtiness and contempt.

Our Lady of Fatima, Pray For Us
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source