To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Machaut1377 on July 21, 2018, 08:02:22 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 20, 2018, 09:27:07 PM
Silent Cue (Vazgeçtim) / The Secret Trio (Ara Dinkjian, Tamer Pinarbasi & Ismail Lumanovski)

Superb.

That was superb! Thanks for sharing. Do you know what part of the world that music style has its origins (I'm guessing Iran or near by)?

It's Turkish music with some Balkan and Armenian influences.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

abc123

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on May 14, 2018, 03:10:13 PM

About 500 of the views on this vid are from me. Absolutely heavenly. Discovered it a few years ago and its one of my goto vids whenever I need a boost.

Machaut1377

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 21, 2018, 02:23:34 PM
Quote from: Machaut1377 on July 21, 2018, 08:02:22 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on July 20, 2018, 09:27:07 PM
Silent Cue (Vazgeçtim) / The Secret Trio (Ara Dinkjian, Tamer Pinarbasi & Ismail Lumanovski)

Superb.

That was superb! Thanks for sharing. Do you know what part of the world that music style has its origins (I'm guessing Iran or near by)?

It's Turkish music with some Balkan and Armenian influences.

Oops, I was off a bit.

Thanks.

Livenotonevil

May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Vetus Ordo

DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: abc123 on July 21, 2018, 06:37:23 PM

About 500 of the views on this vid are from me. Absolutely heavenly. Discovered it a few years ago and its one of my goto vids whenever I need a boost.

As much as I love me some Gregorian chant I have yet to come across a piece that moves me like this one does.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

red solo cup

Matto

I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Habitual_Ritual

" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Fleur-de-Lys

Matto

I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

Fleur-de-Lys

PerEvangelicaDicta

Quote from: abc123 on July 21, 2018, 06:37:23 PM

Introducing a brilliant family member (4yo) to the concept of music as an expression of awe of the glory of God with this little number.
The ripple effect of sharing our faith with each other.  Thank you LTC, and esp abc123 for reposting it, or I'd have missed it.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19