Austrian chancellor predicts end to ‘wrongly understood tolerance’ for .. Islam

Started by mikemac, November 13, 2020, 06:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemac

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/austrian-chancellor-predicts-end-to-wrongly-understood-tolerance-for-political-islam-in-europe

QuoteAustrian chancellor predicts end to 'wrongly understood tolerance' for political Islam in Europe

'The European Union must fight against Islamist terrorism, but especially against its political foundation behind it, namely political Islam, with all determination and unity,' Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, 33, told German newspaper Die Welt.
Wed Nov 11, 2020

VIENNA, Austria, November 11, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — The Chancellor of Austria believes that Europe will roll up its sleeves and begin to fight political Islam.

"I expect an end to the misunderstood tolerance and finally an awareness, in all European countries, of how dangerous the ideology of political Islam is for our freedom and for the European way of life," Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, 33, told German newspaper Die Welt.

"The European Union must fight against Islamist terrorism, but especially against its political foundation behind it, namely political Islam, with all determination and unity."

Kurz's remarks came a few days after a terrorist attack in Vienna that killed four people and wounded 23 others. Last Monday, November 2, 20-year-old Kujtim Fejzulai, who held both Macedonian and Austrian citizenship, perpetuated the outrage. Fejzulai, who had previously been jailed for 22 months when he attempted to join the Islamic State terrorist group in Syria, was shot dead. Islamic State claimed that it was behind the shootings. 

The Austrian Chancellor said that he had spoken to Emmanuel Macron, the President of France, and "many other heads of government" in the European Union so that they could work together more closely against the problem political Islam poses. Kurz said that it would "definitely" be discussed at future EU summits.

"Now it is important that we continue the fight with determination," he stated.

Austria has already begun to tackle the problem by creating the "Islam Act" in 2015.

Under this law, Kurz has closed mosques suspected of encouraging extremism and political subversion. According to Breitbart, the Islam Act also bans "foreign funding of religious activities in Austria." In May 2019, Austria also banned the wearing of headscarves by girls younger than 10.

"But this attack in the heart of our capital shows that we must be vigilant and determined," Kurz told Die Welt.

The Austrian chancellor has also declared that it was "definitely wrong" for the Islamist Kujtim Fejzulai to have been released from prison, saying "If he had not been released, the terrorist attack in this form could not have happened."

Fejzulai was released in December 2019, receiving early parole because of his youth. Austria's Minister of the Interior, Karl Nehammer, has stated that Fejzulai had fooled prison authorities into believing that he had been de-radicalized. However, according to the BBC, the "Derad" association in charge of the deradicalization program has denied that they ever assessed him as "de-radicalized" and that he had been "subject to strict parole conditions."

Meanwhile, Kurz has stated that the one person to blame for the "barbaric, cowardly, Islamist terrorist attack" is the dead terrorist himself.

"The guilt lies only with the assassin," the Chancellor said.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Prayerful

Good, hopefully it produces results. The Austrian chancellor is quite careful to avoid embroiling himself in needless controversy.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Yet they banned (pork) schnitzel in some schools for fear of offending those poor souls. I was in Austria during Lent a few years ago. I knew then the reason the vacuum was being filled with Muslims.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Quote from: Heinrich on November 13, 2020, 06:37:56 PM
Yet they banned (pork) schnitzel in some schools for fear of offending those poor souls. I was in Austria during Lent a few years ago. I knew then the reason the vacuum was being filled with Muslims.

What's the reason?  An attack on the Church?
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

Prayerful

Those sort of things generally are the work of more local agencies, whether school administrators or the local authority. As you'd agree, Moslems never reciprocate. Any slowdown in concessions is 'racism,' but the wokists are emotionally and ideologically attached to pandering and almost hate poorer locals. Wake me when a priest openly offers the Mass of Ages in Mecca. 
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Quote from: mikemac on November 13, 2020, 06:43:21 PM

Reason for what? No pork? Fridays were as meaty as any other day.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Quote from: Heinrich on November 13, 2020, 06:47:35 PM

No, "the reason the vacuum was being filled with Muslims"?

Source

Heinrich

Quote from: mikemac on November 13, 2020, 06:58:18 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 13, 2020, 06:47:35 PM

No, "the reason the vacuum was being filled with Muslims"?

Europe has lost the Faith. They turned their backs to God and walked away. Now he is rewarding this faithlessness with virile headhunters.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Heinrich on November 13, 2020, 07:49:36 PM
Europe has lost the Faith. They turned their backs to God and walked away. Now he is rewarding this faithlessness with virile headhunters.

Nasty.....

Especially since America never had the Faith, not the Catholic Faith.  Mexico has more Faith than the US.

And the invasion of Europe by Islam is part of the globalist plan, which Americans will fall victim to, just like everyone else.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Heinrich

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on November 14, 2020, 07:53:11 AM

Nasty.....

Especially since America never had the Faith, not the Catholic Faith.  Mexico has more Faith than the US.

And the invasion of Europe by Islam is part of the globalist plan, which Americans will fall victim to, just like everyone else.

Muslims and whoever else can achieve their dream. Spanish and French Catholics were here prior to your heirs, heretical looters. If you have been here lately, you'll see that our Western heritage is being pummelled by a coterie of third worlders: Somalis, Latin Americans, Bangladeshis, etc.

christulsa

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Heinrich on November 14, 2020, 08:01:39 AM

Nasty.....

Muslims and whoever else can achieve their dream. Spanish and French Catholics were here prior to your heirs, heretical looters. If you have been here lately, you'll see that our Western heritage is being pummelled by a coterie of third worlders: Somalis, Latin Americans, Bangladeshis, etc.

Maybe you aren't aware of it but Latin Americans, by definition, have Western Catholic heritage.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Heinrich

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on November 14, 2020, 12:58:26 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 14, 2020, 08:01:39 AM

Nasty.....

Maybe you aren't aware of it but Latin Americans, by definition, have Western Catholic heritage.

I just leave this here: https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/pope-francis-worked-a-miracle-forsame-sexmarriage-approvalin-mexico

And Vetus, may I ask, have you ever been to the Western Hemisphere?

james03

QuoteMaybe you aren't aware of it but Latin Americans, by definition, have Western Catholic heritage.
For Mexico, pretty much dead after the Criseros. I'm not in the same league as those men. But they are gone.  And then there is the heavy Aztec element.

All in all the US has an advantage in that our invaders are better than moslems.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

christulsa

I don't know about that, J.  I saw a lot of devout pilgrims when I went to the OLOG Shrine in Mexico City, and more Christian behavior/culture than here.  Walking on their knees for miles to the Shrine. They are hardly anti-Western civilization (ie Christian civilization) as a people, compared to the other groups mentioned, despite the government.  Same in general for other Latinos, legal or illegal.  (Filipinos for example).   They're ruled by Communists, and more culturally Catholic than going to Mass every Sunday, but I welcome the ones that come here legally, and show respect for American customs.