Lucifer and His Crown

Started by Baroux, April 09, 2024, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baroux

It seems Lucifer fell.

Did his name change? I wonder about the crown that he lost. Somewhere in the Summa Theologiae it mentions crowns and the taking of an fallen entity's crown. Swapping it to someone else and the like.

The problem lies in: did Lucifer's crown get swapped to someone else? Perhaps St. Michael maybe. It's said his name was changed to "Satan" instead of retaining his previous name. Would the individual who acquired his crown acquire the meaning of his name, "The morning star"?
I like potatoes

Michael Wilson

When the Scriptures speak of some saint's "crown", it is a metaphor for the beatific vision.
Lucifer never saw God, as he failed in the test to obtain the beatific vision.
The places destined in Heaven for the fallen angels will be filled up by the saints.
Lucifer's name was changed to Satan.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Acolyte

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 09, 2024, 03:34:23 PMWhen the Scriptures speak of some saint's "crown", it is a metaphor for the beatific vision.
Lucifer never saw God, as he failed in the test to obtain the beatific vision.
The places destined in Heaven for the fallen angels will be filled up by the saints.
Lucifer's name was changed to Satan.

Correct Michael,

"I answer that, Man's essential reward, which is his beatitude, consists in the perfect union of the soul with God, inasmuch as it enjoys God perfectly as seen and loved perfectly. Now this reward is called a "crown" or "aurea" metaphorically, both with reference to merit which is gained by a kind of conflict—since "the life of man upon earth is a warfare" (Job 7:1)—and with reference to the reward whereby in a way man is made a participator of the Godhead, and consequently endowed with regal power: "Thou hast made us to our God a kingdom," etc. (Apocalypse 5:10); for a crown is the proper sign of regal power."

https://www.newadvent.org/summa/5096.htm#article1
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Baroux

My concern is that my own identity seems at large mysterious... and it bothers me. I was clearly taught that my fellow comrades and I are human my whole life. But I keep getting nagging ideas that I might be something not human. I read a lot of the Summa Theologiae and the Baltimore Catechism no. 3. These seem to imply angels are sometimes bound to an Earthly body, and are apparent to everyone and eat and drink "spirit meat and drink."
I like potatoes

Acolyte

Quote from: Baroux on April 09, 2024, 05:05:37 PMMy concern is that my own identity seems at large mysterious... and it bothers me. I was clearly taught that my fellow comrades and I are human my whole life. But I keep getting nagging ideas that I might be something not human. I read a lot of the Summa Theologiae and the Baltimore Catechism no. 3. These seem to imply angels are sometimes bound to an Earthly body, and are apparent to everyone and eat and drink "spirit meat and drink."

You should read Fr Chad Ripperger's book Dominion. It contains everything concerning angelology, demonology, and spiritual warfare.

But don't use the book to self diagnose. Talk to a priest concerning demonic oppression, obsession, or possession in regards to yourself. (If you suspect it)
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Bonaventure

Quote from: Baroux on April 09, 2024, 05:05:37 PMMy concern is that my own identity seems at large mysterious... and it bothers me. I was clearly taught that my fellow comrades and I are human my whole life. But I keep getting nagging ideas that I might be something not human. I read a lot of the Summa Theologiae and the Baltimore Catechism no. 3. These seem to imply angels are sometimes bound to an Earthly body, and are apparent to everyone and eat and drink "spirit meat and drink."

[size=6]Seek some help. If and when you do, feel free to send an email and we will reactivate your account.[/size]
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Stubborn

Although she does not mention anything about Lucifer's crown, the private revelation of Venerable Mary of Agreda (1602-1665) tells a story of the creation of the angels, as well as heaven, hell purgatory and limbo, the battle with St. Michael, the fall of Lucifer and his angels etc., whether true or not (I like to think it is true), has always fascinated me. From (pdf attached) The Mystical City of God, Book One:

"82.Of the earth Moses says, that it was void, which he does not say of the heavens; for God had created the angels at the instant indicated by the word of Moses: "God said : Let there be light, and light was made."
He speaks here not only of material light, but also of the intellectual or angelic lights. He does not make express mention of them, but merely includes them in this word, on account of the proclivity of the Hebrews to attribute Divinity to new things, even of much greater inferiority than the angels. But the metaphor of light was very appropriate to signify the angelic nature and mystically, the light of their science and grace, with which they were endowed at their creation.
God created the earth conjointly with the heavens, in order to call into existence hell in its center; for, at the instant of its creation, there were left in the interior of that globe spacious and wide cavities, suitable for hell, purgatory and limbo. And in hell was created..."
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."