Where WOULD You Attend Mass?

Started by Mithrandylan, December 29, 2012, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poche

beagle

Well, it's a long story. He was a Protestant, converted, was a mainstream traditionalist for awhile, then switched to Culkinism and now believes he's about the only real Catholic left in the world. Up there with Bawden and the Dimonds in the think-yourself-into-a-box hall of fame.

tmw89

Quote from: beagle on December 30, 2012, 01:28:29 AM
Well, it's a long story. He was a Protestant, converted, was a mainstream traditionalist for awhile, then switched to Culkinism and now believes he's about the only real Catholic left in the world.

Ha - never seen it referred to like that.

Quote from: beagle on December 30, 2012, 01:28:29 AMUp there with Bawden and the Dimonds in the think-yourself-into-a-box hall of fame.

All three are bad, but in varying degrees - sort of like some people drowning in the shallow end of the pool, and others in the deep  :P
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

kayla_veronica

If all things really WERE equal, I would attend a Diocesan TLM. By equal I mean:

1. Access to all the sacraments in the traditional form including confession and confirmation.
2. Traditional leadership (going beyond the parish pastor).
3. A Church that was not "wreckovatd" and was wholly dedicated to the TLM.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Elliott

All things equal I would choose to go to Divine Liturgy at an eastern rite parish. The Liturgy of St John Chrysostom is beautiful. We were rejected by the heretic pastor at our local Ruthenian parish.

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Roland Deschain

'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Elliott

Quote from: Roland Deschain on December 30, 2012, 01:10:58 PM
Quote from: MilesChristi on December 30, 2012, 12:01:03 PM
Culkinism?

Macaulay Culkin of Home Alone fame.

I Googled culkinism and it took me a while of skimming past references to Macaulay before i made the connection.

LouisIX

If all the priests were orthodox and traditional, saying the TLM then I think we would all want to attend our local diocesan mass, as most did before the crisis.

However, if we're merely taking distance and travel out of the equation then I would like to be able to attend the Society every weekend.  No question.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

tmw89

Quote from: LouisIX on December 30, 2012, 02:53:59 PM
If all the priests were orthodox and traditional, saying the TLM then I think we would all want to attend our local diocesan mass, as most did before the crisis.

However, if we're merely taking distance and travel out of the equation then I would like to be able to attend the Society every weekend.  No question.

So that is SSPX as opposed to SSPX-SO, then?   ;D
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Cesar_Augustus

Diocesan TLM or Eastern Rite. These would be similar to traditional Parish life, and I think that is important. 

I have seen some IPB Priests in TV but I don't know much about them. Anyone has some info to share about them?

Stubborn

What's the SO stand for in SSPX-SO?
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

Mithrandylan

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Stubborn

Thanks Mith!

I've seen the label SSPX SO before but I still don't understand - I'm guessing it has something to do with the whole "talks with Rome"?

Is SO = against joining modernist Rome? If so, then that's me.
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent