Campaign Thread

Started by Heinrich, September 30, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

CNN now moved VA back to undecided. However I read mail in ballots get counted at 11.  If so my optimism was premature.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Miriam_M

The part that makes me nervous is that the Dems have picked up 5 seats in the House, i think.  However, last I looked, Trump was surprisingly ahead in the popular vote, although trailing electorally.

christulsa

Miriam_M

Quote from: christulsa on November 03, 2020, 08:38:02 PM
Florida and Pennsylvania are still up in the air. 

https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results

So is TX, although Rove is optimistic.
People did expect all three of these to be close, and that's why Trump spent so much time in each.

james03

Senate and House not looking so good. Senate better than House. Still early.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Miriam_M

One thing that has become apparent is that the huge financial advantage Biden had has seemed to have paid off in in-state advertising.  Maybe that has resulted in some Congressional seats changed.  This has certainly happened in one State legislature, for example -- TX.  Apparently some Silicon Valley executive donated 11+ million dollars to the TX State legislative race to change the landscape there.  (Remember that SV has moved East, esp. to TX  -- for example, Apple has opened a branch in Austin.)  This donation was for the purpose of cementing policies favorable to high tech in TX.

Are Republican donations that low overall in the country? All the rich people are now exclusively in the Democratic camp?  I knew lots were, especially SV, but I really thought that some of the banking and Wall Street interests would have been putting money into congressional campaigns.

christulsa

Quote from: Miriam_M on November 03, 2020, 08:53:38 PM
Apparently some Silicon Valley executive donated 11+ million dollars

Silicon valley can kiss my *ss (using colorful language since its election night).   I'm unplugged completely from google, FB etc since watching the documentary "Social dilemma."  Very good film.  If Biden wins, they're largely 'to blame.

As I recall, election night 2016 mid evening, Trump was behind.  It was later in the night that the Miracle happened.  Voris dancing on his desk.   :pray1:

james03

Michigan looking good. PA and Wisconsin tight with Trump ahead. NC is somewhat worrying. Real tight.

Xavier

By this count, Biden is at 89 and Trump 72. If Trump wins Georgia, where he is leading with about half the vote counted, he comes to 88. If he get's Florida's 29 votes, he comes to 117. Trump is closer to closing out Texas, although the race is still uneasily close there.

Edit: Trump should win Florida. Ahead by 350 thousand votes with 91% precincts reporting.

Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

james03

AZ is the big concern. Michigan looks solid. AZ results are weird. Showing over 70percent counted with solid Biden lead. They are western State. Possible glitch.

Miriam_M

Quote from: christulsa on November 03, 2020, 09:01:58 PM
Quote from: Miriam_M on November 03, 2020, 08:53:38 PM
Apparently some Silicon Valley executive donated 11+ million dollars

Silicon valley can kiss my *ss (using colorful language since its election night).   I'm unplugged completely from google, FB etc since watching the documentary "Social dilemma."  Very good film.  If Biden wins, they're largely 'to blame.

As I recall, election night 2016 mid evening, Trump was behind.  It was later in the night that the Miracle happened.  Voris dancing on his desk.   :pray1:

You may want SV to just go away, but they are not about to.  They are a huge power factor in this country, and their power is likely to get larger, not smaller.  So it would be a good idea for all of us to pay attention to them, no matter how much any of us may despise them.

Xavier

Google says 131 to 108 currently.

These five states look good for Trump.

North Carolina, 15V, 92%R, Trump ahead by 55K votes.
Ohio, 18V, 87%R, Trump ahead by 250K votes.
Pennsylvania, 20V, 38%R, Trump ahead by 300K votes.
Texas, 38V. 71%R, Trump ahead by 350K votes
Wisconsin, 10V,49%R, Trump ahead by 50K votes.

Missouri was just called for Trump. And Illinois for Biden. As expected. No surprises.

Combined 101 votes. That gets Trump to around 210. 60 more needed beside these.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

james03

Some good news. Repubs should hold the Senate. More pro-life judges if Trump wins. Looks like Wisc and Michigan will go for Trump. That's also good news. Biden needs to win PAn AZ, and NC at this point. Trump currently leading in PA and NC.

christulsa

What are the chances we find out tonight about the battleground states, especially Pennsylvania and Florida?   (edit: just saw Florida was called for Trump!)
Enough to draw a conclusion as to who is the probable winner?  If a good chance, I'll stay up late.  If not, I'll go to bed at my regular bedtime.  I need my beauty sleep.  (edit: but this could be one of the most important nights of our lives)

james03

Trump won Florida. Trump doing great in Mich and Wisc. I think Trump has won it.