Campaign Thread

Started by Heinrich, September 30, 2020, 09:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Quote from: Innocent Smith on November 02, 2020, 07:33:42 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on November 02, 2020, 01:08:38 AM
We will all obviously know very soon about whether the polls were off, and if so, by how much.  But it may be worth mentioning that I watched a couple of more discussions today about the enormous contradiction between poll statistics and relative voter enthusiasm demonstrated concretely for the two candidates.

Brief background:  I was born into a mostly Democratic family.  Yes, I used to be a Democrat, many years ago, when still quite influenced by my birth family and visiting them often.  I'd say we were a typical Democratic family in this respect:  we were politically very involved. To be a modern Democrat is by definition to be politically active, interested, have a high level of participation in the process, long before voting day.  This is important to understanding differences between the way Democrats and Republicans respond to polling, how interested they even are in answering, and who is doing the polling (Republicans?  Democrats?)

Modern Democrats have always been more ideological, as a group, than Republicans.  There are exceptions -- there have been in the past, but I'm not speaking here mostly of party leaders or candidates, but registered voters.  In general, Democrats care more about the ideology of the candidate, less about the candidate himself/herself, and this is exponentially true this year.  This is obvious from the mere fact that anyone who is not himself cognitively impaired has to notice Biden's cognitive confusion, but Biden will get millions of votes nevertheless, even from those who don't hate Trump but do "love" the left's ideology. The man matters much less than the message and the platform.

And because the Left is so married to ideology and so "activist," overall, they are also very keen on initiating polls and responding to polls.  It absolutely comes with the territory. Modern Republicans have been much more taciturn about their political affiliations and about voicing their opinions, even long before the Left's social stranglehold on the nation.  An example of this is that I have yet to receive a single inquiry from a Republican this year, and for the last many years before now, but I get lots of opinion solicitations from Democrats.

Tonight, on one political program, someone was mentioning the way certain Democratic telephone polls are run:  They require staying on the cell phone for (I didn't hear how many) minutes to answer a whole long series of questions.  Again, committed ideologues will do that; it is much less likely that less politically active responders will do that.

That above pertains to the "why" of the chasm between enthusiasm at the rallies and poll statistics, but it is enough to notice this chasm and to disregard the polls as junk statistics given how unrepresentative of the particular voting population they probably are.

I see that Xavier has predicted a number for Trump.  I will temper my enthusiasm a little and predict 304-308 electoral votes (up from what I earlier predicted on this thread, I think) for Trump, and a popular vote win, even if slim.

They may have been ideologues at one time, and there still may be some, but all I see are a bunch of narcissistic reactionaries with absolutely zero thinking involved.  It's absolutely Pavlovian. 

This change started in 1972 with McGovern vs Nixon.  Once sexual sin became mainstream and codified into law it was all over in the idealogical department unless you consider increased funding in all areas to help contain the pathogen unleashed is your idea of being an ideologue. 

This was given up when they chose Sexual Liberation for the elites over fairness in economics and labor. 

This is incorrect. They didn't need to trade; they merely widened the ideology to include libertine sexual mores, that's all. 

About a third of Democratic voters are ideologues:  they vote causes and platforms, not persons. As I've repeated elsewhere, it HAS to be that way because otherwise Biden wouldn't even get one-fifth of the popular vote, and he will get much more than that.  People do not normally vote for intellectually impaired individuals showing CLEAR signs of lingering stroke -- which signs are gaining momentum quickly, by the day.  Anyone with a merely average IQ can see and hear that the man is already incapable of running the country and that Harris and the party will be running it for him on 1-20-21 in the unlikely event he wins. Therefore, there has to be sizable quantity of pure ideologues as a voting bloc; there's no other way this can be happening. Components of this group include the Liberal Elite Educated bloc, mostly coastal (NY, Silicon Valley, Seattle, Boston, a few other places).

Another third just want to indulge every Capital Vice to the maximum.  Those are the "freedoms" they want.  In fact, they are glad to trade actual political freedoms for freedoms to fornicate, have abortions, sodomize each other and be congratulated for it, freedom to be avaricious (High Tech + China), etc. There is considerable overlap of this group with the ideologues; they are merely rationalizing that libertine behavior is a political ideology.

Another third have been brainwashed to think money grows on trees and the government owes them everything.  This group comes from the segment of the lower middle class that is used to government handouts, has no interest in being truly productive, is only comfortable playing victim and recipient, and loves its white overseers.  Includes brainwashed whites, low-producing blacks, illegal immigrants, angry single women whose husbands have left them, etc.  Fortunately, some legal immigrants and blacks with ambition want nothing to do with more victimization and are switching affiliations this election.  Just listen to Candace Owens, one of my heroines.

paul14

Quote from: Greg on October 31, 2020, 11:11:57 AM
I did not bet with James.  I bet with Betfair and got 2/1

Almost 300 million (pounds) has been traded on that market.  That is 200 million in liberal tears if Trump wins.

mikemac

If you are looking for a conservative place to follow the election results LifeSiteNews will have live election coverage starting at 7:30 PM EST tomorrow night.

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Elizabeth.2

Quote from: Lynne on November 02, 2020, 10:15:20 AM
Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on November 02, 2020, 08:07:56 AM
Meanwhile, long strips of street level windows on K Street and kind of everywhere in NW DC are boarded up, and were being boarded up Sunday morning, even in hard rain.  Surreal, but it could be nothing but real estate owners complying with insurance policies.

If that were the case, they'd admit that it's the insurance companies forcing them to do that. They're boarding up in NYC and Boston too.

Thanks.  Wars and rumors of wars... 

paul14

Quote from: mikemac on November 02, 2020, 05:46:00 PM
If you are looking for a conservative place to follow the election results LifeSiteNews will have live election coverage starting at 7:30 PM EST tomorrow night.

No, not me.  I am watching the Young Turks.  Comedy Gold.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRf0tvEIbz0[/yt]

I will probably watch Alistair Williams (uk comic) who will be laughing at the Young Turks

BURGER KING BREXIT

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGL-XJPuCuo[/yt]

drummerboy

Lets all put speculation aside and beg for God's mercy and Our Lady's intercession; I know I've been praying rosaries like crazy
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Greg

Quote from: paul14 on November 02, 2020, 06:20:49 PM

Post it here.  Then they don't get the ad revenue.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

paul14

Quote from: Greg on November 03, 2020, 03:57:07 AM
Quote from: paul14 on November 02, 2020, 06:20:49 PM

Post it here.  Then they don't get the ad revenue.

Good point.  I'll do exactly that. I will post a link on this thread (later today).

God Bless America.   :pray1:

edit:... and now for something completely different.

John Philip Sousa - The Liberty Bell - March

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1kjVvYpWk[/yt]

Heinrich

Over the Pond people +5 hours please post what your media are projecting, if of merit.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

Daily Mail - Trump Closes on Biden
Guardian - Trump to declare victory before the result
Financial Times - Trump suffers court defeats in effort to exclude early votes - Trump is a threat to democracy.
Independent - Trump made snowflakes like us melt (this is made up but it is some lefty bullshit)
The Times Behind Paywall so cannot see.
The Sun - Trump ate my hamster.  BetOnline.ag reported that 85 per cent of its recent bets taken on its presidential odds have been on Trump.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

paul14

Greg

Christe Eleison

Tucker: Trump is an indictment of America's ruling class

TRUMP ROSE BECAUSE THEY FAILED ????

Look at the amount of people in the crowd! It is amazing.

This is a short video with a scene from a rally in Butler, PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI_aK6W-jp0&feature=emb_logo

Greg

paul14