interesting purchase you made recently?

Started by diaduit, May 22, 2021, 03:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

My (also British) Dad would be so proud of you.

My Mom: I'll just buy a new one
My Dad: Hold my tea. I'm on Craigslist.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Hannelore

https://imgur.com/a/68GWxp8

This unusually large (largest size made) Effanbee Bubbles from 1924 with rare straight legs and equally rare brown eyes. Great condition with only a few cracks to paint.
My Lord and my God.

Hannelore

Gingher dressmaker's shears. My 50-year-old ones from my Grandma's sewing kit are hopelessly dull and it would cost more than a new pair to have them sharpened. I've only heard good things about Gingher, and they were on sale AND had a coupon, so I thought I'd give them a try.
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Not really purchases as I got them both free.

The TV off freecycle which works perfectly and is going to my niece.  It's old but little used and in perfect condition.  Got that 3 mins drive from where I go to Church.

And a barbecue which some rich Eastern Europeans were going to give to the metal scrapman but which there was NOTHING wrong with besides it needing a very good clean.  Took me 5 hours to clean it.  That is going to my nephew who just saved 550 quid because he was going to buy one.

Barbecues are a pain to clean and I suppose a lot of people just don't bother. They get drunk and never find the time to clean them.  Would make sense to hire them and return them a day or two later dirty.

Also picked up a free full bottle of gas.  13kg  UK society has too much consumption ,o)
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Just sold the empty bottle of gas for £20 on eBay.

One mans scrap is another's treasure.

Selling my giant slide.  Asking top money but where do you find them?  They are rarer than rocking horse poop since commercial places will never sell them second hand due to Elf n Safety rules.  They destroy them when they are retired.

My kids might use the thing now they know I am selling it.  "Charge what the market will bear" as my old father liked to say.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395394371200
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Hannelore

2 pairs of usb headphones, for a total of $5.35. I wanted to buy 4, but the discount was only good for one use.
My Lord and my God.