supervised technology use for children

Started by Chestertonian, March 05, 2017, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

does anyonehave anythinfor their kidswhich is like text messaging,but supervised. 

I have this thing called a Raspberry Pi which is like a build your own computer thing we got him for christmas,and he keeps askingme to help him build it and i keep saying i am goingto help himbut just havent had a moment where i'm up to it. 

at school they are teaching him how to code and there is all this cool coding software you can get for it

ialso want to make sure I have good parental controls set up before we move forward with it.  i know its possible but whenever i keep reading about it,it is confusing and there are so many options

I am thinking about getting him an email address orsomething.  I want to be able to talk to him and say hi while in the hospital but he doesnt have a phone (obviously, hes only 6 years old) but would be neat for him to have his own google voice account so he can receive text messages.  I cant just call him and talk anymore.  and skype is not something i can do myself anymore.

but the idea of him having email that isnt supervised isntsomething I want--Ithink the stakes are so high with technology andkids so i dontwanttodososmethingand then not execute it correctly
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"