Little catechism of the Second Vatican Council

Started by Geremia, August 30, 2018, 03:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

I will have to look into this catechism.  I personally like Time Bombs by Fr. Schmidberger.  I think it is a timely pound for pound work, that has born much good fruit.  A "little" or "compact" approach to the council is the only practical type.  I say this because the second vatican council was ushered in by way of abuse of two things, authority and language.  So, it is my opinion that that is how it must be rejected.  Reject it by way of the same tools, only properly used. 

The council texts are far too lengthy, ambiguous, contradictory, and complex for laity to really manage in my opinion.  I will give some examples from my reading of all of the council documents.  There are things like "let the gospel ferment", "let the word of the lord run", and "keep ones faith green".  The entirety of the documents are ridiculous like the few examples I have given you.  I kid you not.  It is enough to make anyone become a looney modernist!  The truth of the matter is that it entirely needs to be rejected and tossed in the garbage heap.  And, that is what good traditional clerics say.  They need say no more.  But, if a written contra to the second vatican council emerge, let it be short. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

I have read about half of this catechism so far, and I think it is really good.  Reading this catechism and the Dominicans approach reminds me of "what is in" obamacare.  "We have to pass it, before we can find out what is in it".  The same goes for vatican two in many respects.  It is much easier to criticize it after the fact, if you survive to do so.  Legitimate criticism of ambiguous texts aside from simple ambiguity doesn't entirely present itself until the modernists reveal their hand, which is likely after the fact, and by that time too late.  If you think there is something worthy about vatican two, then you have to accept it, in order to find out.  This is why it needs to be rejected in whole.  Authority and language are given us for the sake of true communion and the preservation of each.  They are not given us to abuse.  Vatican two abuses both. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

syllabus.errorum

QuoteLittle Catechism of the Second Vatican Council

the littlest (and most honest) catechism of the second vatican council would, i expect, read thusly:

"do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

-_-

on a brighter and lighter note, thank you for the links, which i look forward to delving into once i am done with working my through e. michael jone's the jewish revolutionary spirit and its impact on world history.