Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

LausTibiChriste

Hachi

Super sappy, but me lady wanted to watch it and it's basically V-Day so I acquiesced. Would not recommend for a second viewing.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

RedCaves

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

zork

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

zork

RedCaves

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 13, 2016, 07:57:13 PM
Quote from: RedCaves on February 13, 2016, 07:18:54 PM
The Hateful Eight.

How was it?

It's a bit messed up.

You got racist, foul language; ridiculous amounts of blood being used, painful gunshot wounds, and a sense of retributive justice at the end. Oh, and you had Samuel L. Jackson.

Typical Tarantino movie, but I was entertained. It was the first Tarantino movie I saw in theaters. Had no idea what to expect. =P

Heinrich

Quote from: RedCaves on February 14, 2016, 07:23:50 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 13, 2016, 07:57:13 PM
Quote from: RedCaves on February 13, 2016, 07:18:54 PM
The Hateful Eight.

How was it?

It's a bit messed up.

You got racist, foul language; ridiculous amounts of blood being used, painful gunshot wounds, and a sense of retributive justice at the end. Oh, and you had Samuel L. Jackson.

Typical Tarantino movie, but I was entertained. It was the first Tarantino movie I saw in theaters. Had no idea what to expect. =P

Is that a movie a Catholic gentleman should see?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jacob

I stayed up way too late to watch The Deer Hunter with Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, and Meryl Streep.  Interesting film.  Still pondering it this morning.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

red solo cup

Quote from: Jacob on February 18, 2016, 09:28:29 AM
I stayed up way too late to watch The Deer Hunter with Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, and Meryl Streep.  Interesting film.  Still pondering it this morning.
An intense film. Particularly the Russian Roulette scene with the Viet Cong.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Ulrich Von Lichtenstein

Quote from: Jacob on February 18, 2016, 09:28:29 AM

The theme song (Cavatina) is such a beautiful piece it really contrasts with some of the dark subject matter in the film!

Jacob

I've seen parts of it before, but last night was the first time I have seen it all the way through start to finish.

The wedding is brilliantly done.  The stuff in Vietnam is excellent as well, though there are a few things I needed fleshed out more.  The conclusion and coda were very powerful, yes.  They were the parts I had not seen before.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson