Another doll project

Started by Bernadette, December 29, 2023, 03:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Found another child china head doll on ebay, on an incorrectly sized body. She should be somewhere between 34" and 36" when I've got her on a correct body. She took the last of my Christmas money, but I think she'll be worth it.

My Lord and my God.

Lynne

She's lovely. So the current body is too small?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

Quote from: Lynne on December 29, 2023, 03:42:51 PMShe's lovely. So the current body is too small?
Yes, much too small. She currently measures 28".
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

This is a fiasco. This doll was described as having a repaired shoulderhead. This is what I received. https://imgur.com/vBLNtdh

https://imgur.com/a/WWBGIC3

That's tinfoil and crumpled plastic inside the plaster. Seller refuses to help.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

I think I've found someone who is able to repair this doll head. Fingers crossed.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

I'll be using a dremel to drill into the plaster on this doll head to remove it. Wish me luck. Edit: was able to just break the plaster off, after removing the "filling" of crumpled plastic and aluminum foil. Absolute disaster.
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Bernadette

Well the person who was supposed to repair this doll head has backed out. I'll probably end up selling it to someone who repairs them.
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

I've decided to try repairing her myself! All I need is some epoxy clay. I won't be able to paint it, but I'll sand it and hopefully end up with something usable.
My Lord and my God.