Recent posts

The Coffee Pot / Re: Thinking of changing my na...
Last post by Hannelore - Today at 01:56:42 PM
Well I'll be darned, he sure did say it! I'll have to ponder on this.
Last post by LausTibiChriste - Today at 01:17:52 PM
Scroll to 27:43. He specifically mentions it at 28:23

Last post by Hannelore - Today at 01:06:49 PM
Got a link? Edit: I think I've found it. Is it the hour-long one?
Quote from: Bonaventure on May 17, 2024, 12:07:04 PMSo if you want to open the door on V1, why not Trent?

That is what rejection of Vatican I did in fact lead to.

"We refuse to accept the decrees of the Council of Trent in matters of discipline and as for the dogmatic decisions of that council we accept them only in so far as they are in harmony with the teaching of the Primitive Church"

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Utrecht

https://www.utrechter-union.org/en/about-us/what-is-the-ibc/history/
General Information / Re: Could someone help me to p...
Last post by Melkor - Today at 12:23:32 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 11:05:01 AMThe thing about the VVTI upgrade is that would make it interference, no?

Those T Belt jobs can be pricey.

She's already got a timing belt tho, so no difference as far as that goes.
Last post by LausTibiChriste - Today at 12:21:19 PM
BTW I was listening to Fr Ripperger today (Guardian Angels talk) and he says changing your name without significant reason is a sin of impiety.

He was referring to first names so I'm not sure how that would apply to last names.
Quote from: JJoseph on May 17, 2024, 07:10:30 PMYes, it is a problem, and yet, more recently, abortion and gender ideology were condemned, in Dignitas Infinita. Take what you can get, be wary about the rest. That's my approach.
So then we should consult with you or Stubb whenever the "Pope" speaks and make sure "there are no problems"; in effect both of you have become "the Pope of the Pope".
Quote from: Stubborn on Today at 04:48:03 AMIt really isn't "part of Francis's universal and ordinary magisterium." There actually is no such thing.

What it is, is the pope teaching "new doctrines" or heresy to the whole world. We know from V1 that the Holy Ghost was not promised to the pope so that he might make known new doctrines, which are heresies. We also know that the Church's Magisterium is always immune from error.   

So what kind of magisterium does the Pope Possess?
Quotehow many of the current bishops in the N.O. Possess "formal apostolicity"?

Does Bergoglio?

:cheeseheadbeer:
Quote from: JJoseph on May 17, 2024, 07:24:28 PM1. Apostolicity: Now, let's come to identifying Apostolicity, for if we can identify Apostolicity, the CE says, this "virtually contains the other 3 marks".

For non-sedes, the Apostolic Succession is confirmed in the Succession of Popes themselves. For sedes, even they must admit that the Bishops appointed by recent Popes are the only ones capable of having the Apostolic mission or ordinary jurisdiction that is vital to Apostolicity.
"Formal Apostolicity" is only held by bishops who are Catholic i.e. Publicly profess the Catholic faith; how many of the current bishops in the N.O. Possess "formal apostolicity"?

QuoteCE: "Billuart (III, 306) concludes his remarks on Apostolicity in the words of St. Jerome: "We must abide in that Church, which was founded by the Apostles, and endures to this day.: Mazella (De Relig. et Eccl., 359), after speaking of Apostolic succession as an uninterrupted substitution of persons in the place of the Apostles, insists upon the necessity of jurisdiction or authoritative transmission, thus excluding the hypothesis that a new mission could ever be originated by anyone in the place of the mission bestowed by Christ and transmitted in the manner described." The words are very clear. Apostolicity continues in the dioceses, by Papal Appointments conferring the Apostolic Mission, just as it did before Vat. II
True, but where are these bishops?

Quote2. Catholicity: we will consider just one more mark. The Catholicity or Universality of the Church. This is not well known to many, but the Church in Africa has grown fairly large. It is estimated there will soon be more Catholics in Africa alone than there were Catholics in the entire world in 1950! "It is strange then to realise that this Church – which is already, by far, the largest religious institution on the planet – is in fact enjoying global growth on an unprecedented scale. In 1950, the world's Catholic population was 437 million, a figure that grew to 650 million by 1970, and to around 1.2 billion today. Put another way, Catholic numbers have doubled since 1970, and that change has occurred during all the recent controversies and crises within the Church, all the debates following Vatican II and all the claims about the rise of secularism. Nor does the rate of growth show any sign of diminishing. By 2050, a conservative estimate suggests there should be at least 1.6 billion Catholics ... If current trends continue, as they show every sign of doing, then by the 2040s there will be some 460 million African Catholics. Incredibly, that number would be greater than the total world population of Catholics as it stood in 1950."
But again how many of these millions of people profess and practice the Catholic faith?
This is the problem with identifying the "Conciliar Church" i.e. The false sect born at Vatican II that professes a new and false humanistic religion vs. The Catholic Church, which professes and practices the Catholic faith.
Granted that a Catholic hierarchy has to exist with formal apostolic succession; but how does one find it? How many of today's nominally Catholic bishops are Catholic?
Even such stalwart Bishops as Bishop Snyder, takes part in Ecumenical services and publicly proclaims the false doctrine of Ecumenism.
Then we have the "Popes" of Vatican II who teach doctrines radically opposed to the teachings of the Church? How do Catholics fulfill their filial duty to the Successors of St. Peter and submit to their false teachings as they are bound to do, without the loss of the profession of their Catholic faith?
For example Pope Francis signed a public statement in Abu Dhabi which proclaimed that God positively willed all the different religions of the world; which means that all religions are salvific. So now we as Catholics are bound to accept this teaching if we are to hold P.F. As the Vicar of Christ.
General Information / Re: Could someone help me to p...
Last post by Bonaventure - Today at 11:05:01 AM
The thing about the VVTI upgrade is that would make it interference, no?

Those T Belt jobs can be pricey.