Auto correct hate me

Started by Heinrich, September 13, 2014, 05:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

I don't like it. I try to text in Spanish and it upends what I am saying. What can I do? After all, vivo aqui por supuesto en Coloradooooooo!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Archer

I dislike auto correct too.  Instead of correcting a simple spelling error it changes the entire word. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Jayne

Is it not possible to disable the auto-correct?
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Jayne on September 13, 2014, 06:50:52 PM
Is it not possible to disable the auto-correct?

I often disable it but I am using android
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LausTibiChriste

Auto correct fail dot com is a site full of hilarious autocorrect fails...although most of them fall outside the bounds of modesty, if you get my drift.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Daniel

Auto correct features are crap.  At the very best it occassionally saves the typist an extremely small amount of time/effort fixing an unintended typo.  But far more often it encourages laziness, changes words that were intentionally misspelled or else already correct but not known to the auto correct feature.  Overall it's more of a pain than anything.  I don't use the Android so I don't know if it can be disabled or not (I would think that there's probably some way to disable it?).

On a side note, back in high school some kid used to prank people by setting the AutoCorrect on various computers to change the word "the" to "meow mix".  So I decided to type something on one of those computers to see how it would read.  What I've found is that when you later use the spell checker you get some interesting phrases:
the --> meow mix
there --> meow mixer
these --> meow mixes
therefore --> meow microform