How do you pray the Holy Rosary?

Started by TerrorDæmonum, January 20, 2022, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

The Holy Rosary, by itself, is rarely said alone as far as I can tell, and most methods have additions to it in some manner.

How do you say it?

Bernadette

I meditate on each mystery before saying the prayers. I add the Fatima prayer to the end of the decades and the Hail Holy Queen at the end.
My Lord and my God.

Aulef

I pray as Saint Louis Mary of Montfort suggested in the 'True Devotion to Mary', however I add a quick prayer followed by a Salve Regina and the Litany of Our Lady, all between the last mystery and the final prayer proposed by him.
Tota pulchra es, Maria
Et macula originalis non est in Te

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Bernadette on January 20, 2022, 05:48:10 PM
I meditate on each mystery before saying the prayers. I add the Fatima prayer to the end of the decades and the Hail Holy Queen at the end.

That is how I do it too. I was reading a Dominican website on they pray it and was inspired to ask here.

I am making a new Rosary booklet for myself and once I print it, that is how I will pray it.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 21, 2022, 10:55:38 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 20, 2022, 05:48:10 PM

That is how I do it too. I was reading a Dominican website on they pray it and was inspired to ask here.

I am making a new Rosary booklet for myself and once I print it, that is how I will pray it.

I've adopted the Dominican way of doing it. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

TerrorDæmonum

The Dominican method does look good.

I haven't printed yet, so maybe I will consider this. It will be Latin-English.

Michael Wilson

The way Bernadette says it, is how I say it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Bernadette

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 21, 2022, 11:47:15 AM
The Dominican method does look good.

I haven't printed yet, so maybe I will consider this. It will be Latin-English.

The Dominicans I discerned with didn't have a special way of saying the rosary.
My Lord and my God.

Wyo Wolverine

I pray it the way Bernadette prays it.
After the Rosary I always pray the Memorare just because I love it so much. Then I like to add, "Hail Mary most pure, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee" three times, along with 3 Hail Marys in Latin, followed by St. Michael Prayer and Guardian Angel prayer. Not that any of that makes me a more pious person or anything, but it just helps my prayer life.

I love the Memorare. Something about it makes this 50 year old fart turn into a doting little child who needs his Mom.
"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose, it will defend itself."
-St. Augustine

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Michael Wilson on January 23, 2022, 10:12:00 AM

I skimmed the thread and thought you were referring to the method in which SAINT Bernadette prayed it, and was confused... :lol: 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christina_S

I pray each decade while meditating on the mystery attached to it. Some Rosary booklets have a short scripture passage, written meditation, or "fruit of the mystery," and I find all of these helpful at times.

I'm curious if anyone here has prayed a scriptural Rosary before, where there is a specific verse or part of a verse to think about during the Our Father and each Hail Mary of the decade.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Christina_S on February 19, 2022, 10:41:04 AMI'm curious if anyone here has prayed a scriptural Rosary before, where there is a specific verse or part of a verse to think about during the Our Father and each Hail Mary of the decade.

I had a booklet of my own that had the scripture passages for each mystery. I only used it for specific meditation on the mysteries in isolation, rather than while praying the Rosary at the same time.

Historically, I tended to be only able to pray the Rosary like Bernadette, the saint (simply and focused on the individual prayers one at a time).

bedtimeprayers

Quote from: Christina_S on February 19, 2022, 10:41:04 AM
I pray each decade while meditating on the mystery attached to it. Some Rosary booklets have a short scripture passage, written meditation, or "fruit of the mystery," and I find all of these helpful at times.

I'm curious if anyone here has prayed a scriptural Rosary before, where there is a specific verse or part of a verse to think about during the Our Father and each Hail Mary of the decade.
I do. I say a scripture verse every 3 Hail Marys, and then on the last left over one (10th). Why 3? Idk, it just took to look saying it after every Hail Mary. I'm not good at meditation at all, so saying the verses really helps me bring it to mind. It has honestly helped me really meditate on scripture and it's meaning. I've noticed so many things I didn't before, realized things I didn't.
Behold, the Handmaiden of the Lord, let it be done to me according to Thy Word.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 18, 2022, 12:16:55 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on January 23, 2022, 10:12:00 AM

I skimmed the thread and thought you were referring to the method in which SAINT Bernadette prayed it, and was confused... :lol:
Bernadette may be saint, she just hasn't been canonized....yet.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers