TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matto

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/embed/VA2V4_Ki7PQ[/yt]

I was thinking about putting this video clip in another post I am considering making, but I will share it here also. I never liked Citizen Kane except for this one short story. Off the top of my head in my opinion it is the only part of the movie really worth watching, but it is so brilliant I think that these short few seconds make watching the whole movie worthwhile. Perhaps there are other great parts of "The Greatest Movie Ever Made TM" that I don't remember right now but this is what I always remember and love about the movie. And I love Orson Welles, though when I want to get my Orson Welles fix I would rather watch The Third Man and not Citizen Kane.

Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread, this should be in the youtube thread, not the TV one. Sorry, but it is too late to change.
I Love Watching Butterflies . . ..

red solo cup

My Mother and other Strangers. Very good but I'm surprised the BBC couldn't come up with a single actor who could do a credible Ulster accent.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Requiem. OK I guess but the ending was really lame. Can't believe I invested 6 hours in it.

red solo cup

Charite. Set in 1888 Berlin. Showed the first steps in finding a cure for diphtheria and tuberculosis. Very good.

jovan66102

I haven't had a TV for ten years. The only time I watch TV is if I'm in hospital, or if I'm in a pub with enough TVs that I can watch hockey or a CFL game without irritating the other patrons.
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

Heinrich

Rocky Mountain Vet on Nat Geo. Great aerial scenes of Colorado Springs.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

drummerboy

Quote from: red solo cup on May 08, 2018, 12:58:22 PM
Charite. Set in 1888 Berlin. Showed the first steps in finding a cure for diphtheria and tuberculosis. Very good.

Sanitation and diet.  Indigenous peoples never encountered TB until they would switch off whatever native diet they had to food's traded with Europeans. This includes various European groups themselves that were isolated, such as in the Hebrides.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

red solo cup

Season 3 of Narcos. Even better than the first two.

red solo cup

The Tunnel Season 1. Very good. Once I realized the French detective was autistic, everything made sense.

red solo cup

The Tunnel Season 2. Very good marred only by the obligatory lesbian scene.

red solo cup

A Very English Scandal with Hugh Grant. Amusing. Thorpe was portrayed as quite a cad.

red solo cup

Kaesekopf

Quote from: red solo cup on August 20, 2018, 03:48:30 AM
Season 1 Broadchurch.
Isn't that the show with the pretty detective?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

red solo cup

It's the woman from the Evil Vicar video by Mitchel and Webb. Olivia Coleman. There were pretty detectives in Safe and The Tunnel.

red solo cup