Wanted-- Carmelite Rite (O. Carm) Breviary (1935)

Started by tradne4163, February 27, 2013, 12:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradne4163

This is a very rare item, so I know it's highly unlikely any of you actually have one. But should you happen to see one for sale somewhere (like ebay), please send a PM my way. Thanks. If you do happen to have one you'd be willing to part with, I'd love to know. Thanks.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

holyhearts

JMJ
It is online but only in Latin, of course. There is a Traditional Carmelite Hermit/Monastic Community in Brazil that uses
the Carmelite Rite Mass & Divine Office w/the permission of the O.Carms in Rome. The site is as follows:

http://www.mosteirocarmelita.com.br/wordpress/?cat=3

Once you get to that page, click on the word: Salterio (on the left-hand side)

A new page will pop-up (I do not know the technical names, sorry) open it & that will be the Carmelite Rite Divine Office
also known as the Rite of the Holy Sepulchre....

Hope this is helpful to you. God bless!

Southern Ascetic

Whoa, never heard of these brazilians, that's awesome. I know the Carmelite monks in Wyoming do the Carmelite Rite and pray the Carmelite Rite breviary cause I've visited them many times.

I know a guy at my parish who has a Carmelite Rite Latin/English Hand Missal and the 4 volume set of an all latin Desclee Carmelite Rite 1938 breviary. I don't think he wants to sell it though, you could probably sell it for 2k$ on ebay now.

VeraeFidei

Quote from: Ascetik on May 02, 2013, 08:15:47 PM
Whoa, never heard of these brazilians, that's awesome. I know the Carmelite monks in Wyoming do the Carmelite Rite and pray the Carmelite Rite breviary cause I've visited them many times.

I know a guy at my parish who has a Carmelite Rite Latin/English Hand Missal and the 4 volume set of an all latin Desclee Carmelite Rite 1938 breviary. I don't think he wants to sell it though, you could probably sell it for 2k$ on ebay now.
Do you know, do they use the Traditional Holy Week, or do they incorporate the Pius XII Holy Week changes?

plgrajek1958

I am new to this site. I do have a 4 volume O. Carmelitum Breviary set that was printed in 1938-40 in Tournai, Belgium by DESCLEE & Comp. for the Soc. of St. John The Evangelist that I am willing to sell. I only check this site 1 time a day. And I am not sure how it works to sell an item, but I hope to sell these books.

They are paged as follows (With size and Propers):

Vol. 1) Pars Hiemalis: LXXXVII+933+(280)+(5)--4 1/8" x 6 7/8"-- First Sunday of Advent to Saturday Before 1st. Sunday of Lent--Proper of Saints: 26 November: St. Silvester to 13 March: St. Euphasina.

Vol. 2) Pars Verna: XXXI+1031+(284)--4 1/2" x 6 11/16"--1st. Sunday of Lent to Saturday after Pentecost--Proper of Saints:
7 February: St. Romualdi to 19 June: St Juliana da Falconeras.

Vol. 3) Pars Aestiva: XXXI+1003+(279)+(3)--4 1/2" x 6 11/16--Feast of the Most Holy Trinity to Saturday Before 1st. Sunday of September--Proper of Saints: 16 May: St. Simon Angelici (St. Simon Stock) to 2 September: St. Brocardi.

Vol. 4) Pars Autumnalis: XXXI+911+(278)+(23)--4 1/2" x 6 11/16--Saturday before 1st. Sunday of September to Saturday before 1st. Sunday of Advent--Proper of Saints: 28 August: St. Augustine of Hippo to 2 December: St. Vibiana.

The ribbons are very worn; The Covers need some staining and also the edges should be restained. For a person who can do the required work I would suggest: booksbycw.com. I am willing to sell them for a fair price.

tradne4163

I might still be interested. So about where would this be shipped from?
As for the price, did you already have an idea of what you're looking for?

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

plgrajek1958

My location is San Francisco, Ca. U.S.A. I am looking to sell them for $500, which is a bargon. I can send you pictures of the spines of the 4 volumes, covers of 2 vol. and pages from the Winter vol. My e-mail address is: plgrajek1958[at]yahoo[dot]com. I am at home and can reply sooner than I posted. Thank you,, Philip

pl:  i put the @ and . in text/brackets to save you a little bit from spam.  (spammers will troll the internet looking for email addresses and then you get a billion spam.  --kaese

tradne4163

Renewing my quest. Again, I know it's a long shot.